Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 08:39 PM   #1

Tire replacement kit

Hi I'm looping for the spare tire replacement kit on my RV (2015 sunseeeker 2450s) and I didn't found any? Is it possible that it isn't provided with the vehicle?
martsunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:46 PM   #2

If you mean a jack and lug wrench then that is your choice to have or not.

Some chose to go with a mobile tire service due to the size of the tire and the tools to remove one.

I bought an electric impact gun to use off the generator I know it will remove the lug nuts off the 250 with ease.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #3

Yeah they don't want owners changing their own tires due to the size of the vehicle. FR does provide a spare on all but the smaller units, I think the 2450 will have one. Unfortunately the tire is bolted and safety chained up and is a PITA to get off. If you are limber and strong you can get it unbolted and muscle it out from under the coach but it's much easier if you have a floor jack to lower it down. I bought a new takeout Econoline 450 jack, lug wrench and spare tire winch on Ebay so I can just crank the spare up and down as needed just like most pickup trucks. The other annoying thing is the spare is mounted with the air stem up so it is difficult to check air pressures. With the winch you can mount the spare with the stem down and easy to get to.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, tire