Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #21
Love My Sunseeker

I've never rotated tires on my RV's. Should I?

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:25 PM   #22

Only if you have a wear problem. I have a friend that rents RVs. He told only if they are wearing different then he will rotate. Learn a lot from him picking his brain!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:52 PM   #23

I've got about 10K on mine after 2 years of ownership and was thinking about rotating the tires. You make some good points about not bothering to rotate. I've always rotated on my travel trailers every 2 years but it didn't really need to be done because the side walls start to crack long before they wear out. I won't put enough miles on my Sunseeker to wear out a set of tires. I'll just keep an eye on the fronts for signs of wear from alignment issues.
jst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #24

Ok so what about the spare
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Easy way is to get a pc of chalk and mark the direction of rotation on each tire and then put whichever one you want in a different location while keeping the direction of rotation the same.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:25 PM   #26

Where I worked for 36 years, I never, I repeat, never saw any tire rotated. Not Vans, Pick-ups, Cars or F350, 2500 or 3500 45000lb. Line Trucks! I do my vehicles and car trailer but not the MH unless there is a problem with wear.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:56 PM   #27

Deuce you are saying you never saw tires rotated on anything but you rotate them on your on cars and trailers am I'm I reading that correct I have always rotated on my cars and trucks but never on my Rv 's of any style just wondering what other people thought and I think I will just not rotate unless I see ware on them I'm sure I will never reach 25000 miles on my RV
Old 12-06-2015, 11:13 PM   #28

Like I said work never rotated tires. I always check my tires. Air and wear. That is weekly. If I see anything like a wear pattern starting, then I rotate. Other wise no. Same with my Class C. Car trailer same as my other vehicles. Examine, air, grease, adjust brakes, and wiring. If I see a pattern then I rotate. Other wise no.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:04 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I've owned 3 Class A diesel pushers, a Class B Sprinter based, and 8 different trailers of various sizes and shapes. I have never rotated the tires on any of them! Why, simple answer-- it's because time will get them before mileage accumulates to the degree that it wears them out. I'm a firm believer that rv tires need to be replaced every 5-6 years of the manufacturing date unless, of course, the tires get worn out due to mileage. Very few of us put the number of miles on our rv 's in 5-6 years to wear out the tires so rotating them to get "extra mileage" out of them is a waste of time and money to me.

My research came to this same conclusion,but we don't travel all over the country
2 units,4 complete seasons,4000-5000 miles per year
Current unit,Chassis is a '13 (14 model) two more seasons I'm buying new rubber
First unit,I was ignorant to tire age and sustained two blow outs and that's on Me (tires looked new but were 6years old)
The hassle and expense of the last blow out not to mention wising up and replacing all the tires after the fact.....well,you get the idea.
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
I always just left the rears alone on my 2004 Winnebago and just changed sides on the fronts for more even wear. I originally added the spare in and rotated them in a circle. If you check the Michelin site, they just swap sides on both front and rear. As mentioned, they don't wear out they die from old age and ozone cracks. Here's the site, look at the duals alternate rotation-
Tire Rotation | How often should I be rotating tires? | Michelin US
Also, there are no directional arrows on my tires Michelin 225/75/16 LRE M+S2.
Hey Stage thats a cool little rotation guide thanks for posting!
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire