Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2017, 11:19 PM   #1

Tires

I just had a Michelin tire shred on my 2014 3010. When I get home from my trip I need to replace the back four. Any ideas for a good tire for a reasonable price? Had only 23,000 on the original tire before it blew. Not impressed with Michelin now. Any suggestions would really help.
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:03 AM   #2

just my 2 cents...

Quote:
Not impressed with Michelin now
no tire brand is immune from a random blowout

Your RV might need to move up a load range... that might be a consideration.

I use Tirerack dot com to compare price/make/size of tires and read the hundreds of reviews on tires before making a tire decision. I have always put top of the line Goodyear tires on my vehicles and have had good results, but I recently bought a set of Michelin on sale at Costco for a very good price to replace a set of OEM Goodyear's (almost bald after 38,000) on my 2014 RAM. So far, after 10,000 mi I am happy with them and the Costco deal which includes lifetime balance and rotation plus road hazard warranty. Michelin do generally have a good reputation.

You might want to look into and install a TPMS system.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:10 AM   #3

Hi I am running Carlisle tires on current and last travel trailers. No tire failure. They run very cool which is a good heat is the tire worst enemy. Current TT is a 35' V-lite that came with 15" C load range tires. I got rid of them right away and went to load range E tires that I run at 80 PSI. on the Lionhead rims. Below is an other post on tires that has a lot of information in it. Carlisle tires have a speed rating of 87 mph I drive at 65 mph so there is a 20 mph safety factor. Most st tires are rated at max speed of 65 mph

When you buy new tires make sure you ask for the newest tires in stock 2 -3 month old at most. If they don't have them make them order a new set for you.

below is a thread link from FR on tires.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._OEfTg1KEKcWiA

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:15 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bednarski1 View Post
Not impressed with Michelin now. Any suggestions would really help.
Although doubtful, but in case your 2014 model Sunseeker was produced on an older chassis, you may want to check the DOT code on your Michelins to see if they were part of this recall.

http://www.michelinman.com/US/en/hel...calls/ltx.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...lre-52048.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Hi I am running Carlisle tires on current and last travel trailers.
OP has a motorhome NOT a travel trailer... ST tires are not correct for that application.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #6

Here's a good thread for you.http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...cs-116909.html
ActionJackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires