Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #1

Towing Brakes

I just bought my first RV, the SunSeeker. I'm trying to figure out how to tow a vehicle behind it with all four wheels down. I'm aware I need the baseplate and the tow bars, but I'm not clear on how I'll initiate the brakes of the towed vehicle from inside my RV. I've searched the internet for days and still can't find out how this works. Will someone please explain what I need to do to so I can use my towed vehicles braking system? Thank you!
Jsroberts5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #2

brake buddy

Brakemaster Towed Vehicle Braking System - Product - Camping World

You need a brake buddy
BigDTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #3

Thanks Dan!
Jsroberts5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #4

I would recommend that you also consider the “Ready Brute RV Tow Bar.” It has a relatively simple, mechanical surge-braking system built directly into the tow bar. I have read everything I can find about this product on the Web and have not run into a single negative comment from those who are using it. They all seem to be very satisfied customers. This setup requires no invasive procedures other than running a cable from the brake pedal of the toad to the tow bar. This is the system I am planning on using to tow a 2011 Ford Fiesta with a Sunseeker 2300.
Al Fresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #5

Check out M&G Brake System. We tow our Honda CRV and this system works great!
niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #6

Towing Brakes

My 2011 Georgetown 378 is about 3 months old and I have towed on a dolly an old Odyssey which I'm trading for a 2010 Ford Escape. Looking for towed vehicle braking system also. I have read a lot about the SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo which is transferable to other vehicles. Anyone have any input on this system. Appreciate it.

Jerry1909
jerry1909 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, sunseeker, towed vehicle