Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #1

travel posting

Trip report...Down at the shore for the grandsons baseball tourney. Stayed at Gulf Breeze RV resort just a mile or so from Lambert (a POR for those knowing the redneck riviera). All concrete pads, well kept (I Mean Navy clean), indoor outdoor pool. 35 smacks a day. This is at the other end of the spectrum from the "the last resort" we stayed at in Tampa for the RV show in jan....

Side note Johnny's rv parts in Theodore Al has some red clearence light covers in stock (glo brite y122). Had an orange one pop off from the top front of the coach when we parked last week at bay palms (west bay from gulf shores), reinstalled it but went looking for a spare. They are going to order some orange from Winny.

I don't work for Johnny or the camps, just expanding your view....
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #2

post w/o pic?

Gulf breeze
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171020_191525.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	154601   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171020_191428.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	154602  
Old 10-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
Always Learning

“a POR for those knowing redneck rivera” ... I need some translating help!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #4

Point of Reference?
PhilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
Point of Reference?

I could see that. Surprisingly, I even know where Lambert’s is. Eaten there twice. Clearly I’m not “southern” as I just thought the food was so-so/OK. The throwed rolls part was fun, though.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #6
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
Trip report...Down at the shore for the grandsons baseball tourney. Stayed at Gulf Breeze RV resort just a mile or so from Lambert (a POR for those knowing the redneck riviera). All concrete pads, well kept (I Mean Navy clean), indoor outdoor pool. 35 smacks a day. This is at the other end of the spectrum from the "the last resort" we stayed at in Tampa for the RV show in jan....

Side note Johnny's rv parts in Theodore Al has some red clearence light covers in stock (glo brite y122). Had an orange one pop off from the top front of the coach when we parked last week at bay palms (west bay from gulf shores), reinstalled it but went looking for a spare. They are going to order some orange from Winny.

I don't work for Johnny or the camps, just expanding your view....

I plan to call Johnny’s but they are no longer made so ordering more is not possible. I have called everywhere I know and nothing, nada, no one ever has them. Most likely with this post Johnny’s will be sold out as well. The only ones I have found were on eBay for $125.00 each.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:36 PM   #7

geesh

Geesh, I saw a half a dozen of them with my own two eyes in the store this past thursday in theodore, the lens were red (not my eyes at that point in the day). The lady at the counter said they were winny parts, but the web has posts that glo brite is out of business. Johnny's may not post small quantity items on their web syystem. Also note that White Sands rv on 59 in robertsdale (I think) had 2017 sunseekers that now use the bottle cap leds lights, so the item may be dead. Cant tell you about inventory Cworld as we drive right and will not stop in since the CEO rant.

POR is point of reference...

Guess we will pull out one of the cab lamps this winter and measure it for maybe a bargman part number... Has someone completed that task already?
Old 10-22-2017, 05:09 PM   #8

"I even know where Lambert’s is. Eaten there twice. Clearly I’m not “southern” as I just thought the food was so-so/OK."

Get to a Dr. right away , something is wrong with your taste buds. LOL
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Bill View Post
"I even know where Lambert’s is. Eaten there twice. Clearly I’m not “southern” as I just thought the food was so-so/OK."

Get to a Dr. right away , something is wrong with your taste buds. LOL

Ha! Yeah... by Alabamian cousins thought it was weird that we weren’t fawning over the place!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #10

This past August wife ask what I wanted for my birthday and I jokingly said catfish dinner at Lamberts , next thing I know we are hooked up and headed for Sikeston Mo. for the Rodeo and dinner at Lamberts , guess you do need to love southern cooking.
Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas
Sailor Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel