Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2015, 04:37 PM   #1

Trimark Entry Lock

My door lock will not open the door. Did a search on this blog site and no luck. It just stopped opening the door. Took off the inside face plate and can not see much. I was able to verify that the Deadbolt is disengaging but I can not verify if the latch is retracting.
I was getting frustrated and, before I kicked it open, I quite fooling with it.
Has anyone had the joy of cutting, drilling these locks off? At least I am home so I have time.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:31 AM   #2
2015 Sunseeker 2300

I haven't had this problem BUT I just read in a facebook site that someone got locked out of their motorhome and their dog was locked inside they ended up calling a locksmith and they had to drill out the lock they put a different kind of lock on the door good luck at least you have cab doors they were in a Plazzo motorhome and the only door is the entry door
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #3

Got a new lock ordered. Emailed Trimark but no response yet. If you have a 650 lock, recommend swapping it out for the 1650. Wonder what lock is using now?
Joshau, any info?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #4

Good news if anyone is following. I finally got the Trimark 650 lock off and my door open.
After finally getting the inside cover plate off, I was able to understand how the locked worked. The deadbolt is straight forward. Operation can be confirmed in the upper right corner. Deadbolt unlocked. The latch was not retracting. The white spring loaded arm was not retracting the latch. I could see the small arm in a small slot to the right of the plastic arm.
Disable the spring and while pulling/pushing the door, I was able to get the sharp point of my pocket knife dig deep enough (soft pot metal) to pull the latch back, opening the door. I took a short video but can not upload.
I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.
The 1650 lock is on order and I hope it is a better lock that the 650.

The cover is sandwiched between the door and screen. You can reach all 3 screws than wiggle, jiggle, a little bend back will allow enough room for the latch lock to slide off the shaft.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #5

I have a 2014 Sun Seeker 3010DS and have had trouble with the door not opening since I purchased it last year. It has been repaired by the dealer twice and replaced once. It was a Trimark 650. Last month during a thunderstorm we came back and the door would not open. I pulled and pushed without success. Luckily I had the coach keys with me so we could get in. I took it apart and found the deadbolt piston had broke. I worked with it for about an hour finally getting the piston to slide out of the hole. I could not bring it to a dealer as we are traveling out west and could not wait till it was repaired. ordered a Trimark 1650 and replaced it myself. So far it is working great. FYI - since I had this issue while it was in warranty I called Forest River and they reimbursed me for the lock.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:08 AM   #6

When changing out the 650 for the 1650 i ran into a small issue that i was able to overcome. The 1650 had prongs that stick out on the deadbolt ( i assume that is because you can hook up to a keypad) . Once installed deadbolt would not function as the prongs were jammed against inside in door. I had to cut out some of the door near the prongs so dead bolt would work . I used my Dremel tool. Hope this helps.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #7

Thank you for the advice. Lock has arrived. Will install tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #8
KAS

I also had a Trimark lock on my new MH and it seemed kind of stiff to operate from day 1. 3 months after purchase it locked itself when we went outside. We had no key, phone, anything, and it was nighttime and nobody around. Fortunately we could force open the kitchen window and managed to get our young granddaughter to wiggle through it to open the door. The dealer replaced it after unsuccessfully trying to fix it. The replacement lock works fine. And we keep a spare key hidden on the outside, just in case.
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote