Old 06-26-2018, 05:24 PM   #1

Troubleshoot GFI circuit

Does anyone know where to find the 110v wiring diagram for a Sunseeker 2650?

We have a TV over the door with an 110v outlet next to it which isn't working (no power). I thought maybe this was linked to the parking brake like the DVD player is.

Then I found out that the outlet next to the door (lower down on the left just as you enter) has no power and the outside outlet has no power.

The outlet above the sink which is labeled GFI protected and the outlet in the Bathroom both do have power.

1. Where is the reset for the GFI circuit, the only one I can see is on the bathroom outlet.
2. If there is only 1 reset button, they must all be on the same circuit, so the break is somewhere between the over-the-sink outlet and the entrance way outlet.

Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #2

Wiring diagram = fugetabout it.
There is normally only one gfci outlet. The rest are slaved. My suggestion is that, with the power disconnected, pull the gfci. Behind it you should be able to find the connectors that have come loose.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:36 AM   #3

My 2650 uses a self-contained rv 110 volt receptacle. These receptacles do not use screw connectors that you would see in a typical household set up. In these receptacles the wire is pushed into a blade which slices through the wire insulation and makes a connection to the wire. I have already found one outlet where the connection had failed and all downstream plugs did not work. I used a screwdriver tip to push the wire deeper into the blade to reseat the wire.

The factory uses an installation tool to seat the wire into the outlet so more difficult for diy work.

You could try contacting FR technical email support and request electrical drawing. I asked for backing information regarding mounting rear ladder and received some technical drawings within a couple of days.

Of course, disconnect 110 power when working on 110 volt circuits.
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
Head Rambler

Before you go to tearing apart the receptacles, you should go all around the RV and see if there are any other GFCI receptacles. Our current and our last RV had two. One in the bath and one on the outside. The one on the outside powered receptacles on the inside if the unit.

You still may have to tear apart some receptacles, but it'd be bad if you started tearing them apart and it was just a tripped GFCI in the front storage area.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:52 PM   #5

Thanks for all the replies.

I wasn't sure how the circuits run, but it looks like they do chain them from one GFI outlet (I've only found one and that's in the bathroom).

I'll start chasing wires and see where it takes me

Cheers.
Steve
Old 06-30-2018, 07:07 AM   #6

Have you checked the trips in the fuse panel at the bottom of the bed, i had similar problem and it turned out one of the wires hadnt been pushed into the trip completley before the screw was tightened causing a bad connection.
gasgastwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:18 AM   #7

The GFI is the first outlet in the circuit. It needs power to reset. It then feeds any outlet within 6' of water. All kitchen outlets, outside outlets, Outside storage outlets. Sometimes mistakenly the microwave. These are all feed thru outlets.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:41 AM   #8
Lacey's Spring, AL

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemoores View Post
We have a TV over the door with an 110v outlet next to it which isn't working (no power).
Then I found out that the outlet next to the door (lower down on the left just as you enter) has no power and the outside outlet has no power.

The outlet above the sink which is labeled GFI protected and the outlet in the Bathroom both do have power.

1. Where is the reset for the GFI circuit, the only one I can see is on the bathroom outlet.
2. If there is only 1 reset button, they must all be on the same circuit, so the break is somewhere between the over-the-sink outlet and the entrance way outlet.
I would say that the two are not linked.

If your GFCI outlets are working, then that circuit is just fine.

The question about the TV and some other outlets would be:

A) are they powered by the Inverter?(they may not be, as smaller inverters typically only provide off-grid power to several outlets, probably only the GFCI circuit outlets)

B)or when you are plugged into Shore Power or running the Generator and they are still not working?(may be a tripped circuit breaker in your main panel)

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx,
100,000+mi since '14, US, Alaska, Canada, now Lacey's Spring, AL : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #9

Troubleshoot GFI circuit

If you have an outside entertainment system or a simple outside self contained radio, you could have an outside GFI for plugging stuff into. Easily overlooked behind a locked panel.

Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote