Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2014, 06:17 PM   #1

Trying the furnace for first time

Looking for help on how to run the heat in my new 3170. Want to do a trial before I get out on the road. What has to be on and what settings to get the heat to run? Any help is appreciated.
beachbum107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Open all the windows, roof vents, turn on the roof vent fan, range fan and unhook or remove the battery out of the smoke alarm and set the thermostat on about 80 -85 and turn it on. This of course if it is the first time the furnace has be used. Expect some light smoke as the manufacturing oil is burned off.

I do the same even other than the smoke alarm after using the furnace numerous times before we leave for FL just to make sure it works ok and get rid of the moisture in the furnace.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #3

Might help to light the stove for a couple minutes before trying the furnace to make sure the lines are purged of air and propane is on and ready.

p.s We use a small oil heater to bridge the gap a bit. Cuts down on the noise of the furnace cycling.
2012 (6 nights), 2013 (32 nights), 2014 (26 nights), 2015 (37 nights), 2016 (14 nights)
mTn_biKer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #4

If its a brand new unit thats never seen heat in the furnace, I would follow the top recomendations. Never fun to have the heat going for the first time and smoke alarms go crazy due to the manufacturing coatings burnign off for the first time.
jbrostek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time, furnace