Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #11

The TV works while driving. The in dash DVD will show videos on the TV but not on its own display while driving (unless an orange wire becomes "disconnected").

Old 10-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Is this what you meant to say??
Why won't it work with shore power, generator or an inverter?
yea, meant to say "WITHOUT", not "with".
i fixed my post.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #13

The suggestion to follow the power cable to the TV is the best suggestion. While there may be a hard wired 12, mostly they have cigarette lighter plugs, and they can come loose; or you'll find a normal ac plug plugged into a normal ac socket; also can come loose. There is no inverter on my coach, but their purpose is to change low voltage dc to (normally) 110v ac. The TV set manual should state the power requirements for your set.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geri View Post
The suggestion to follow the power cable to the TV is the best suggestion. While there may be a hard wired 12, mostly they have cigarette lighter plugs, and they can come loose; or you'll find a normal ac plug plugged into a normal ac socket; also can come loose. There is no inverter on my coach, but their purpose is to change low voltage dc to (normally) 110v ac. The TV set manual should state the power requirements for your set.
Geri: That's true, but didn't you realize it's a badge of dishonor to read the manual?
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #15
GM

Yes not all are 12V. Depends when you bought the unit. Cigarette lighter it will be 12V. Two prong blade plug, 110V. 110V will only work with inverter (control would be a panel near the step well if you had a factory one).

We went to 12V for all the reasons mentioned. Once TV's went the way of LED's the power draw became so low, 12V became pretty easy.

Our DVD player in the front now feeds from an OUTPUT on the Dash radio. This dash radio has a "non lock out signal". The same thing that a car does to the rear DVD headrest players. The only signal that is "locked out" is the dash screen. Which will of course come on with the parking brake engaged. (or other methods that we don't condone )

That way the kids can watch a DVD while going down the road. THe only TV's on RV's that are locked out are typically Class A's where the driver can see the TV from the front seat.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #16

If you have the Jensen 12v TV, check the cig plug. I have had issues with the plugs burning up on the inside, causing it to fail. I'm on #8 on a 6 month old TV. I bought a bunch of extras to keep on the coach.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #17
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Not all Jensen TV's are 12 volt. The one that came with my camper definitely is not.
X2
Old 10-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #18
Love My Sunseeker

I love Jensen 12 volt TV's. I've had the best luck with them. (So far, crossing fingers....)

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote