Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 10:53 PM   #1

Two 3170ds Question

1. I have a bit of water coming in on the bunk bed side of the slide at the bottom while the slide is extended. Any ideas what I need to do to fix this? I'm guessing it's coming in at the bottom by the seal. But could it be something else?

2. Can those that have changed up their laundry hamper compartment, can you show me some pictures?? With 7 people, and needing to take the clothes out multiple times on a longer trip is quite the pain.

Thanks!! I hope you all are having amazing camping adventures!!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:08 PM   #2

For the laundry, we just use laundry sacks with a draw string. When one is filled, we put it under he bed and start filling the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MzZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #3

For your slide issue have you checked to see that the seal flips outward when extended. Every once in a while my front seal gets hung up and I just grab it and flip the rest of the way out so it lays flat against the slide.
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Make sure the metal trim on the top outside edge of the slide roof is sealed as well.

I think sometimes that has gotten missed. While the awning protects it for the most part of water comes in from the sides, the roof slopes straight to that angle. Water can enter and then comes out wherever it can find an exit. So it's not always leaking where you think it is.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:15 PM   #5

I have been using the draw sting bags, but, for example I did 4 loads of laundry at a campground yesterday. So I was thinking of removing the door and finding a plastic hamper to fit in the space. I thought someone posted about removing the door, or modifying it some how.

Brian, I'll check that when I get home. Thanks!
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #6

Depending on the direction of the wind during a rain we've had leaks on that bunkhouse slide too. One thing we noticed was if water gets on top of the slide, under the awning when you slide it in some of that water will come into the bunk area inside the MH. We try to make sure we get the water out of that area before rolling the slide in.

I think we had the issue with the flap not being out like was mentioned. I have noticed the flap on that slide likes to bind up a lot. I thought about waxing the areas where the flaps touch the slide so it rides smoother.
howzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzball View Post
Depending on the direction of the wind during a rain we've had leaks on that bunkhouse slide too. One thing we noticed was if water gets on top of the slide, under the awning when you slide it in some of that water will come into the bunk area inside the MH. We try to make sure we get the water out of that area before rolling the slide in.

I think we had the issue with the flap not being out like was mentioned. I have noticed the flap on that slide likes to bind up a lot. I thought about waxing the areas where the flaps touch the slide so it rides smoother.
Rub down the seals with baby powder, helps them to do their thing better.
Airlift remote compressor system
Ultragauge EM Plus OBDII monitor
BendOrLarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags