Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2018, 09:38 PM   #1

Upgrade front seats a sofa bed

I live in So. California and I have a 2014 3010 and I want to upgrade my front driver and passenger seats and also the sofa bed does anyone know of somewhere I can take it even if it’s out of state. Any help would be appreciated.
Bednarski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:05 PM   #2
Certified Curmudgeon

By “upgrade”, do you mean replace with better furniture and seats or do you mean reupholster with better materials?
Old 03-24-2018, 11:13 PM   #3

Replace with better upgraded seats and sofa.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Certified Curmudgeon

You might want to take a look here: RV Furniture, Truck Seats, Van Seats, and more! - Shop4Seats.com Sofa’s can be obtained from many sources. Even a local furniture store can order one for you. The kind you can use depends on the space available and how it sits on the floor. If its in a slide, you may have to consider the platform itself. Utilities may also factor in. Good luck with your remodel.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:04 PM   #5

I did look at shop4seats and I can probably get my two front seats but the sofa beds have a blow up mattress inserted in the bed which I don’t want. I might call them to see if I can drive the RV in So they can take some measurements.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Lipoert is heavy into RV furniture these days. You can scope out their options at www.lci1.com where you will find some that you can get thru Forest River or they have the Thomas Payne Collection that is available: http://images.salsify.com/image/uplo...ggsriu04w3e3vh
Companies like Flexsteel have RV lines also.
So much available these days. You really should not have a problem finding something you like and fits.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:04 PM   #7
2012 Solera

Used shop-for-seats to replace the passenger seat on our Solera. Decent seat, but, although I supplied model and year info, the base was not even close. I did call them about it - no response. I had to make an adapter plate to install. Suggest having them install if you buy driver or passenger seats from them.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
Used shop-for-seats to replace the passenger seat on our Solera. Decent seat, but, although I supplied model and year info, the base was not even close. I did call them about it - no response. I had to make an adapter plate to install. Suggest having them install if you buy driver or passenger seats from them.
We tried looking for a new sofa bed at local furniture stores. The sizes they have will not fit thru the door RV Sofa beds from an RV Furniture place are upwards of $2000 - where the store model is $700 or $800 and it has a proper mattress. The one we have now has a bar that goes where the back lies. PITA!!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:49 PM   #9

Where did you buy your sofa bed? Do they sell front seats for a Class C?
Old 03-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #10

You might try Seats Inc. They are a truck seat manufacturer.. The Legacy series is really comfortable.

I replaced my sofa bed with recliner sofa from Lambright Furniture. US Made
Old 03-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #11
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Flexsteel is also a good source of furniture.

Tags
bed, upgrade