Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #21

Had fits with mine when it was new. Dealer could not find out why the slide worked perfectly some of the time, and wouldn't work other times.

After the warranty was out, I took my coach to another service location that is one of the best in the West. They found that the connection between the wiring and the slide motors was not made well. They disconnected the wiring, then reconnected the motors after fixing the connection. No problems since.
WayneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #22

The factory batteries in mine were junk
They caused all sorts of problems because I assumed they were obviously good
I got a rebate from the manufacturer and put that money toward two Interstates.
Life was good again.....for a while anyway
These Units are boomerangs
You get thrown out for a trip and you fly back to get a repair
Find a good mechanic (independent)
Trust me you will need help unless you are a Mr Fixit and retired and know how to do lots of repairs on you own
The part that they never tell you when you buy one of these is that problem solving and extra money are a fact of life
This Web board is worth its weight in GOLD
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #23

Maybe Josh C could discuss with the guys in the shop and get some advice from them since they build them...

Just an FYI, on the '16's the slide controllers are in the cabinet under the stove. Pull that front panel off and see if you are getting error codes or a breaker is tripped for the rear motor...

I hold my breath every time I run mine in or out. Good luck...
Old 05-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #24

2017 sunseeker problems

I had several problems with 2017 MBS 2400W. Dealer was some help but had to speak with Forest River Warranty Rep (574-206-7600) many times before getting problem solved. My rep really worked to get problem solved, not so much the company or dealer.
Fergie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Is that the one where the whole side is a slide?
Yes. We love the amount of room it provides.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Why won't the dealer help? What did they say when you asked?
I find it odd that on a brand new purchase (you said 3 months old) that your dealer won't give you any help whatsoever??
The dealer won't make house calls. He probably has to wait months to get a tech out to the house. I was in the same situation. Dealer said call a tech to get the slide in then bring it over to him. Dealer also said if I touched it the warranty would go up in smoke. Called a tech and he said 2 months and he'd be able to do it. Overall, a catch 22. So I did it myself and brought it to the dealer and lief about a certified tech putting the slide back in.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #27

I have the exact same MH and its a 2017. I too had the slide in a stuck out situation and got the slide back in by myself. So here's what I did.
1. Take the panel off the cabinet under the stove. You'll see a box underneath and tp the back that probably has a light flashing red a few times then green a bunch of times. Notice the pattern ex: 2 flashes of red 6 flashes of green and then it repeats. The pattern tells you which motor is faulting and why. Read the label on the box to see what's going on and how to reset the control box. It also has instructions on how to override the system to pull the slide in. In my case the override didn't work. That meant I had to disengage the motor land physically push the slide in.

2. I got on a ladder and loosened the screw that held the motor in. Using a flathead screwdriver I popped the motor up and free of the gear. Did this on both sides because in my case the entire slide was fully extended. I thrn put my shoulder into it and pushed it all the way in. Next I went back and pushed the motors back into the gears so the slide would stay put while driving to the dealer. I also purchased 2 slide locks to guarantee the slide would stay put.

I suggest looking on YouTube for the videos on how to work on the motor slides as I did because you can visually see what needs to be done and how to do it without running into nasty surprises. BTW, if you need the motor replaced make sure they use the high torque version only otherwise its all going to happen again. In my case the wire bundle got pinched and killed thr motor so make sure to tell them to carefully place those wires so they won't get pinched. Finally, your dealer might tell you the motors are not available for months because of demand as they did with us. So if that happens call Forest River and ask them to send you the motor explaining the situation and that you just bought the RV new. We got the motor within a few days and brought it to the dealer. You should have seen the look on their faces. Be vrry persistent with them and you might have your RV back in a week or so. Never travel without those tools and slide locks used to bring the slide in and sevure it. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2017, 11:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
Yes. We love the amount of room it provides.
Can you use it with out the slide being out, say a rest area. Eat, use the bathroom, maybe a nap on the bed?
Old 05-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #29

Yes to all those uses. It leaves plenty of space in the dinette couch area and kitchen area. A little less space in the bathroom area but still easily accessed. In the bedroom you csn easily reavh the bed but no walking around it or anything. So you would hop on the bed easily but shift yourself ariund just a little bit.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #30

Saw one during a factory tour about 3 years ago. Only thing that bothered me was how much it leaned on drivers side. Hope they fixed that.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #31

Never noticed a lean. If they still do it must be ever so slight on 2017s. I'll have to check on that. I can always move the heavier cargo to the opposite side if necessary. We had some problems like any other RVs but the layout is one of the best in a class C. Overall, a great choice so far. BTW, I was surprised I was able to push that huge slide out all by myself. It is either a lot lighter than I thought or they put some really good bearings and rollers on it. Even the motors that drive it are only the size of a candy bar.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #32

I saw one of the first ones. Was told they were getting hyg. leveled because of the weight. Could not see the inside. It was painted but not too sure how a dark color would be for cooling in the summer.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
I have the exact same MH and its a 2017. I too had the slide in a stuck out situation and got the slide back in by myself. So here's what I did.
1. Take the panel off the cabinet under the stove. You'll see a box underneath and tp the back that probably has a light flashing red a few times then green a bunch of times. Notice the pattern ex: 2 flashes of red 6 flashes of green and then it repeats. The pattern tells you which motor is faulting and why. Read the label on the box to see what's going on and how to reset the control box. It also has instructions on how to override the system to pull the slide in. In my case the override didn't work. That meant I had to disengage the motor land physically push the slide in.

2. I got on a ladder and loosened the screw that held the motor in. Using a flathead screwdriver I popped the motor up and free of the gear. Did this on both sides because in my case the entire slide was fully extended. I thrn put my shoulder into it and pushed it all the way in. Next I went back and pushed the motors back into the gears so the slide would stay put while driving to the dealer. I also purchased 2 slide locks to guarantee the slide would stay put.

I suggest looking on YouTube for the videos on how to work on the motor slides as I did because you can visually see what needs to be done and how to do it without running into nasty surprises. BTW, if you need the motor replaced make sure they use the high torque version only otherwise its all going to happen again. In my case the wire bundle got pinched and killed thr motor so make sure to tell them to carefully place those wires so they won't get pinched. Finally, your dealer might tell you the motors are not available for months because of demand as they did with us. So if that happens call Forest River and ask them to send you the motor explaining the situation and that you just bought the RV new. We got the motor within a few days and brought it to the dealer. You should have seen the look on their faces. Be vrry persistent with them and you might have your RV back in a week or so. Never travel without those tools and slide locks used to bring the slide in and sevure it. Good luck!

Tech is here,he change the controller but nothing happen. He's trying to get to the motors but no luck yet. My slide is cocked fount is out and back in stuck in.
dcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #34

Hope you make out OK!
Old 05-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcamp View Post
Tech is here,he change the controller but nothing happen. He's trying to get to the motors but no luck yet. My slide is cocked fount is out and back in stuck in.
The motors are in a very tight spot. They can be accessed either inside or outside but the anchor screws I could only get to from the outside. Unless something is torqued and putting pressure on the motor it should be easy to unscrew the single anchor screw and pop the motor out of the gear assembly. DO NOT LOSE THE ANCHOR SCREWS THAT CAN BE ANOTHER PROBLEM! They are special screws.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:31 PM   #36

Quote:
I saw one of the first ones. Was told they were getting hyg. leveled because of the weight. Could not see the inside. It was painted but not too sure how a dark color would be for cooling in the summer.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170517_145022.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	138232Click image for larger version

Name:	20170517_145034.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	138233Click image for larger version

Name:	20170517_145053.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	138234

Here's what the 3050s looks like with the slide all the way in. I checked and it sits perfect level.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:54 PM   #37

That's about what we have with our short slide in. Not too tight. Plus we have two 60 lb. dogs. I was wondering about the slide because sometimes I travel alone and will use a rest/truck stop and don't like to open the slide. Thanks for the pics!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #38

Battery problems go dead I've load tested them they check good we just play radio refrigerator on gas ???? I also have noticed when I check charging of batteries when plugged in to house current will not charge if you don't keep power switch in the on position is this right. Again any help. Thanks
jeffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #39

Battery switch has to be on to charge when plugged in. Using a stand alone charger, it can be off. Everything 12 volt is controlled by that switch. Changing to LEDs helps bat last longer. Propane/12 volt for reefer.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #40

Quote:
That's about what we have with our short slide in. Not too tight. Plus we have two 60 lb. dogs. I was wondering about the slide because sometimes I travel alone and will use a rest/truck stop and don't like to open the slide. Thanks for the pics!
We have 2 good sized dogs too. On one trip we had 4 adults and the 2 dogs and there was enough room that it didn't feel claustrophobic. Although that's as many as I would want in the RV.

Tags
305, 3050s, sunseeker