Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #21
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemail4sue View Post
TryingtoLearn I think we may have a valve on ours too because when we hook up to our flush line and turn the water on I don't know where it's going because it's not filling the black tank. We have a 2012 3100ss I have looked under the sink but I'm not seeing anything but I also don't know what I'm looking for either
Follow the link I posted and you will find pictures of it.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:51 PM   #22

So no other valves to open...just open dump valve, connect non-drinking hose turn on hose and the magic happens?
Roman Rigsbys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #23

Yup. It's the black water valve. It also helps if you have a clear sewer elbow to see when all the 'stuff' has cleared.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #24

Pretty much, yea. I usually connect the hose, open the dump valve, and then turn on water. A lot of people don't, but I leave my water pressure regulator on when running the black tank flush.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #25
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
I also carry a dedicated hose for the black tank flush, and keep it stored in the compartment with the sewer hose. My hose (Wastemaster) has a clear section so I can tell when the tank is clean. After dumping the black tank, I run the flush until the waster coming out is clear. Then I know that the black tank is clean. I close the valve ant let a couple gallons flow into the black tank and the. Add the chemicals
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:35 AM   #26

Winterizing Blackwater tank/Sewer Flusher inlet

Does anyone include putting antifreeze in the inlet on their winterization checklist?

We had the anti-siphon valve go bad and had water under the reefer. Our warranty covered the repair. The techs had to put in 3 hours of labor since the device is behind the reefer in our Sunseeker.

Just wondering if the failure of the valve was due to water freezing in it.

2014 Sunseeker 3050s
2011 Ford Fiesta
RBotr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:09 AM   #27
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBotr01 View Post
Does anyone include putting antifreeze in the inlet on their winterization checklist?

We had the anti-siphon valve go bad and had water under the reefer. Our warranty covered the repair. The techs had to put in 3 hours of labor since the device is behind the reefer in our Sunseeker.

Just wondering if the failure of the valve was due to water freezing in it.
The black flush is open ended on both sides of the valve with the valve located as the highest point, meaning water 'should' flow back out the connection point when you unhook the hose and also drain into the tank on the other side simply due to the effect of gravity.

With that said, I do blow some antifreeze into mine as my HOSES are routed in a way I believe some water remains. Again, I don't believe the valve would hold any water as it is usually the highest thing in the flush plumbing.

There have been so many reports of these inexpensive black tank flush anti-siphon/check valves going bad I simply believe yours to be another casualty of a cheaply made part. Lots of folks have replaced theirs with a brass valve. I have one in my arsenal in case mine fails.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #28

Thanks, 5Picker. I will include it in the checklist. The sewer flusher sure beats the bucket brigade!

2014 Sunseeker 3050s
2011 Ford Fiesta
RBotr01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flush, tank