Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #1

Very pleased with Sunseeker 2300

We purchased our Sunseeker 2300 from Lewis RV in Dayton, OH last fall, we are very pleased so far with our decision. The unit has enough room for the two of us, is easy to manuver. We have had only minor quality issues so far, they were:
Microwave door glass fogged up between the glass.
Broken drawer latch
Gray and black water level indicators were reversed
These were all quickly fixed by the guys at Lewis.
The last issue did cause me to question my wife, we had agreed to use the camp ground facility and I couldn't figure out why the black tank indicator said it was half full.

My only complaints are I have to leave the sewer compartment door open because the hole in the floor is too small for a sewer with connectors on both ends to fit through.
I am also unable to find a safety rail to keep the grand kids from falling out of the over cab bed.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlf65 View Post
We purchased our Sunseeker 2300 from Lewis RV in Dayton, OH last fall, we are very pleased so far with our decision. The unit has enough room for the two of us, is easy to manuver. We have had only minor quality issues so far, they were:
Microwave door glass fogged up between the glass.
Broken drawer latch
Gray and black water level indicators were reversed
These were all quickly fixed by the guys at Lewis.
The last issue did cause me to question my wife, we had agreed to use the camp ground facility and I couldn't figure out why the black tank indicator said it was half full.

My only complaints are I have to leave the sewer compartment door open because the hole in the floor is too small for a sewer with connectors on both ends to fit through. {Those new sewer hoses are troublesome. A few on here dremeled the tabs off and now it fits. I have requested a larger "roto-port" for that area for future builds)
I am also unable to find a safety rail to keep the grand kids from falling out of the over cab bed. (Try one of those toddler ones that fit between the mattress. You can screw that to the bottom of the flip up board) We've talked about putting something there...but in case of emergency, we don't want anyone getting caught on something there...net, etc.
fd

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #3

I made my bed rail out of PVC pipe. That way you can make it long enough to fit without having to use any fasteners. Plus it tucks away nicely under the cushion when you have it pushed in. I will try to get a picture if you want to see how it was made.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlf65
My only complaints are I have to leave the sewer compartment door open because the hole in the floor is too small for a sewer with connectors on both ends to fit through.
I purchased a larger size "deck cover" and cut the hole bigger so my sewer hose fits through it. Search on Amazon and you will find several sources.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I have tried the toddler bed rail we have and it just doesn't work, but maybe another style would. The PVC rail would be easy enough to build. I will check out Amazon for the "deck Cover" I tried searching before but didn't know what to call it.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #6

Just a note for anyone reading this. the device covering the hole in the sewer compartment floor is called a "deck Plate" you can find them on line at Amazon or at marine supply stores.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
GM

Just an FYI, to change that hole we had to have the roto-cast boxes retooled for the larger hole. Once that is finished we'll be switching to a larger opening (soon). As someone said you could cut the hole bigger and put cement a larger cover (we call it a roto-port).
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Just an FYI, to change that hole we had to have the roto-cast boxes retooled for the larger hole. Once that is finished we'll be switching to a larger opening (soon). As someone said you could cut the hole bigger and put cement a larger cover (we call it a roto-port).

mr clemens.

any chance of a 2300 with an option of 2 recliners or a sofa in place of the regular dinette or u shaped dinette. can you request it even if it's not listed as an option.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:58 PM   #9
GM

I'm pretty sure we can do a sofa. It's the same size as the regular dinette. The problem is we do not have a table engineered for that set up so you would have to provide some folding table. What I always recommend is doing the U-shape dinette. That table is on a leg so you can store it and use the U-shape as a sofa. Certainly not the best sofa, but it makes it a little more functional for both uses.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'm pretty sure we can do a sofa. It's the same size as the regular dinette. The problem is we do not have a table engineered for that set up so you would have to provide some folding table. What I always recommend is doing the U-shape dinette. That table is on a leg so you can store it and use the U-shape as a sofa. Certainly not the best sofa, but it makes it a little more functional for both uses.
would it involve an extra payment(not a problem) or a direct switch

the sofa option in the 2650s looks perfect. could that sofa be put in 2300