Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
GM

Video of the 3050

Sorry for the poor quality. At an indoor show.
Attached Files

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
GM

I promise I held the camera sideways...not sure why it ended up vertical.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #3

Thanks for posting the video. It looks like a very nice unit. I like the small table on each side of the bed and love, love love the refrigerator and pantry.

But, for us...after having the 3010DS with all that space in front of the sofa, I don't think we would like having the sofa and dinette so close together. :-) I don't think the 3010 floor plan can be beat for grown ups with no kids. Maybe put the fridge and pantry in the 3010.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
Plain Old Member

I like it, but the full wall slide scares me as it does on any coach. Not doubting forest river as I'm sure they did lots of engineering and testing on this, but this is the first full wall slide I've seen with them. I'd have to see one built in person first, or let it be on the market a few years. Hope there is a heck of a header the length of that roof. I never cared for so much "moving" plumbing in a slide out. Just about every piece of plumbing is in that slideout except for toilet and tub. Had problems with moving plumbing before, and that was a deciding factor on the new one we bought. I really hope FR has their ducks in a row with the flexible drain and water lines as other manufacturers have caused MUCH warranty work with their design. I would say a lot of people never dissect one like I do and figure out how they're going to work on it when it breaks. I hope it is successful, and I do like it, but it's definitely not for us. We did look at that model, but the turn off was the reasons I mentioned above. I'm not sure how much MH manfacturers put their new models through real world testing, as in roads and abuse, but might I suggest taking one round and round Louisiana for a year and see how many parts are left? I'm joking, but our roads are terrible. Thanks for the post bclemens.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
GM

We had the exact same concerns. So we built a prototype. We then kept it under wraps for quite a while so we could put real world miles on it. Our engineer (who is very conservative) took it on several trips. Our production manager took it on the road and took a vacation in it. I'm not sure of the exact number but we put roughly four thousand miles on it...in fact I think it became the engineer's daily commuter for a while. We did tweak a couple of things as a result of this testing, but we definitely got a good feel on how it would perform.

They invited many families in while at their campsites to get some feedback. The response was excellent as were the suggestions.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #6
Plain Old Member

Good deal. Good to hear the testing happens like that. Wish I could run into one of these new units in a park, but we don't make it that far North very often. I've made a bunch of modifications to my RV's over the years, and always wanted to work in the design and development of RV's. My priority list is God, Family, RV, then everything else. Last time I was in Indiana at another plant, I jokingly asked the manager if I'd ever be able to start a career in something like this. At that facility, he said if I didn't have this or that last name, it probably wouldn't happen. Thought I'd give it a shot though.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #7

I have no concerns that Forest River didn't do their homework in testing it and it will be a reliable unit. In 2011 when we were shopping we considered the Holiday Rambler class c wall slide version but higher cost and low net carrying capacity made it a no go. Their layout is much like the 3120 we got except the two slides are combined into one on the HR. Unfortunately a wall slide is heavy and the 1650 NCC is too low for us to consider.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #8

3050 Countertop

Bclemens- Thanks for posting the video of the 3050. I did notice something new and got me thinking. We ordered a 2900 this week, scheduled to come off the line in feb. I noticed in the new brochure, and on the 3050 video, a backsplash was added on the kitchen counter, behind the sink. Is this going to be added on all the new models coming off the line that have a sink near the dinette? That was one of my concerns with having the back of the counter so close to dinette, since water and wood don't mix well. Any ideas on how to ensure we get that 4" backsplash on our unit? Thanks, we are looking forward to getting it!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #9
GM

Unfortunately that was something that was designed into the 3050 when we built it. We have not gone back and updated the 2900 countertop at this time.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #10

Thanks for answering my question bclemens. I should be able to craft something similar to that, or just order a replacement piece from a 3050 later. It looks like the folks that drafted the floor plans drew that in the floor plan, like the 3050. We should see a factory rep this weekend at the show in Tampa, I'll point that out along with the cabinet over the door that is shown, but not included. My belief is you should get what you see!

Tags