Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 604
Video of winterizing my Sunseeker

I have owned a travel trailer or RV for 3 seasons now but this is the first time I have winterized it myself. I did a video of it and put it on YouTube. Check it out and let me know if I missed anything. My checklist is in the description of the video if you are interested.

Next weekend, if the weather permits, I will bring it to the house and wash it and vacuum and steam mop the floors.

https://youtu.be/emwzZJnPrAU
__________________

__________________
2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: upstate sc
Posts: 106
I thought that was very well done. I plan to just blow out my lines and put AF in traps. I didn't go back to the beginning and watch it again, but I assume you left the low point drains opened?
__________________

__________________
James & Amy
2016 246RKS Freedom Exp.
2006 Toyota Sequoia


It's a nice night for an evening
woodpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,961
Nicely done - thanks for sharing!

The only question I had was shouldn't there be a blue (cold) low point drain too, other than the f/w tank drain?

Thanks again!
__________________
2016 FR Forester 2401R
Towing 2014 Honda CR-V
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpile View Post
I assume you left the low point drains opened?
No I didn't but I will open it next weekend when I bring it home to wash it.

Thanks.
__________________
2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:46 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Nicely done - thanks for sharing!

The only question I had was shouldn't there be a blue (cold) low point drain too, other than the f/w tank drain?

Thanks again!
I don't know. Seems like there would be but there wasn't. Would be interesting to hear from others if there should be another drain.
__________________
2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 222
I have a 2860 DS like yours with outside kitchen/TV. Mine is like yours with the red and blue drains. one has a valve the other just capped. There has been discussion on the same subject of low points and what you have is the same. I think the two pex pipes are the low point. I hope you didn't forget to drain the 3 tanks.. Black, grey , and grey tank from outside kitchen if you have it. I blew all my lines out with my compressor first from the city water hookup. I don't know if it was necessary but did it anyway. That got rid of the 6 gal of water in the hot water heater before I bypassed it. lots of ways to do it. good job... BTW my anode was almost gone after one season.. I was surprised about that.
Ron
asparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmacklem View Post
No I didn't but I will open it next weekend when I bring it home to wash it.



Thanks.

Um no, don't actually! If you open the low point drains now, all the antifreeze will run out. It's ok to leave them open after blowing out only. (In which case, if you forget to close them, you will find out as soon as you add water in the spring.)
__________________
2016 FR Forester 2401R
Towing 2014 Honda CR-V
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Um no, don't actually! If you open the low point drains now, all the antifreeze will run out. It's ok to leave them open after blowing out only. (In which case, if you forget to close them, you will find out as soon as you add water in the spring.)
Good to know.
__________________
2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Um no, don't actually! If you open the low point drains now, all the antifreeze will run out. It's ok to leave them open after blowing out only. (In which case, if you forget to close them, you will find out as soon as you add water in the spring.)
About three weeks ago I opened both low point drains and then opened the kit sink taps, the BR sink taps. the shower taps,outside shower taps and finally the taps in the closet for the "future" washer etc........Yesterday being such a fine day I decided to pump the antifreeze into the lines etc......Went around and closed all the taps ....then hit the switch to turn on the pump to begin the process to pump antifreeze into the lines......That when it all happened!!!!!! Forgot to close the washer taps in the closet!!!!!! Water everywhere...on floor...my summer shorts/shirts hanging in closet....Many of an hour cleaning up the mess!!!!!! The worst of all my BH came out to see how I was making out...big mistake......I was hoping I would have everything cleaned up by that time!!!!!! And then.............................................. ...!
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:15 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
MNtraveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
About three weeks ago I opened both low point drains and then opened the kit sink taps, the BR sink taps. the shower taps,outside shower taps and finally the taps in the closet for the "future" washer etc........Yesterday being such a fine day I decided to pump the antifreeze into the lines etc......Went around and closed all the taps ....then hit the switch to turn on the pump to begin the process to pump antifreeze into the lines......That when it all happened!!!!!! Forgot to close the washer taps in the closet!!!!!! Water everywhere...on floor...my summer shorts/shirts hanging in closet....Many of an hour cleaning up the mess!!!!!! The worst of all my BH came out to see how I was making out...big mistake......I was hoping I would have everything cleaned up by that time!!!!!! And then.............................................. ...!

Oh dang - so sorry! Some things we will never forget once learned! 😱
__________________

__________________
2016 FR Forester 2401R
Towing 2014 Honda CR-V
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sunseeker, winter, winterize

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.