Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #1

Waiting on our 3170DS

Winter is finally drifting away, though potential snow this weekend is trying to remind me it isn't over yet.
I'm told our offline date is 4/15 but then it goes to paint so expected delivery is early May.
Wish there was a way to see the unit and get pics during the build. we are so excited thinking about the times ahead and the anticipation is killing me.
I find myself having a tough time falling asleep and spending time instead cruising the forums. If you can't tell, this will be our first RV after years of talking about it. So excited.

I'm very impressed with all of you forum members, it gives me some piece of mind knowing that if I have questions or issues once we have our unit that there is a place I can ask questions and recieve solid answers no matter how stupid a question I may ask.

Thanks in advance to you all, cause I'm sure I'll have many!

Jaibyrd
Old 03-20-2015, 06:18 AM   #2

Can hardly wait for same snowstorm. . Spring really? Congrats on new motorhome, we have the same model and love it! The forum has a lot of great info, have had to refer to it on trips. It's true u will never remember half of what they told you on pick up. We head out for our first trip of the year in 2weeks, hopefully the snow will be off the top by then.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:07 AM   #3

I know it's not much comfort jaibyrd but every day is one day closer to getting 'the call' from your dealer that your 3170DS is in. I literally wore out the brochure waiting for our Sabre to arrive at our dealer .
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibyrd View Post
Wish there was a way to see the unit and get pics during the build. we are so excited thinking about the times ahead and the anticipation is killing me.

Jaibyrd
How about at least a pic of the unit on the schedule? You have a unit number and a VIN to go with your offline date.

And please remember, this is sort of like building a house. Construction delays, parts shortages, etc, can and do happen. This is not a process you want rushed.

At some point I'd love to have a system to help you get pictures of your unit as it comes down the line. Right now, we are just slammed and can barely keep up with dealer calls, shows, etc, etc. But it's on the agenda.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-23 at 10.53.04 PM.png
Views:	200
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	72055  

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:15 AM   #5

Nice! Thank you Brian. Appreciate you taking the time to pull that up. I'll take any updates at this point, just adding to the excitement.
Assuming no issues, under current conditions, what would be your best guess on delivery? I was told offline and then to paint before shipping up to MA.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzer mom View Post
Can hardly wait for same snowstorm. . Spring really? Congrats on new motorhome, we have the same model and love it! The forum has a lot of great info, have had to refer to it on trips. It's true u will never remember half of what they told you on pick up. We head out for our first trip of the year in 2weeks, hopefully the snow will be off the top by then.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Well, let's hope that was the last one. Snow is slowly receding, but I imagine it'll be around a bit longer with this cold. I have been seeing some brown and green spots peeking through the snow. Hope you guys enjoy the trip!
Old 03-24-2015, 06:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
I know it's not much comfort jaibyrd but every day is one day closer to getting 'the call' from your dealer that your 3170DS is in. I literally wore out the brochure waiting for our Sabre to arrive at our dealer .
My wife won't let me near the brochure anymore.
Old 03-24-2015, 07:26 AM   #8
Commercial Member

2 weeks for paint and a week to ship, best case.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #9

Fantastic. Thanks again Brian.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #10
Love My Sunseeker

Did you get the kids bunk or the computer desk? I got the computer desk and I love it! You get more cabinets with the computer desk. My only complaint is no place to put my printer, but I just stash it under the desk and then have to carefully re-arrange it when I pack up, so I can put the chair over the top.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #11

Bunks for us. Have a 3 boys 15, 12, and 11. Add friends, we wanted sleeping quarters. Did go with the new split twins over cab though. Figure we can close them off for storage when they are too big to fit.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:52 PM   #12
Love My Sunseeker

Oh you lucky people! I like the split twins. The two cabinets near the entertainment center are basically POINTLESS as you can't put anything (except maybe bed linens) up there.

Plus, I heard the twin beds give you better access to the back of the entertainment center (if you got that option). I have to pull the entire TV down to get to the back if I want to re-arrange cables. Pain in the you know what.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:55 PM   #13

Yup. That's my understanding. Will know for sure by first week of May from the current estimate. I can't wait! Been a long time coming before we pulled the trigger, wish they had it on the lot!
Old 04-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #14
Yvonthe1

Well Jaybird
Enjoy!!!
A lots of fun ahead
Got mine last spring and went to Boston area, Normandy farm camp ground, 6 hours drive from Montreal, and put 9800km on it
I have the bunk also and manage to sleep 4 adults and 5 kids
Great unit, no problem other than tire valve issues, slow leak, change all the valves extension, and installed tire pressure monitor
No warranty issue, the air conditioner gave up and 2 days after fixed with brand unit
We still have snow here and still jacked up on block, just can't wait.....
One thing I should have installed are the hydraulic jacks

Enjoy

Yvon
yvonthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvonthe1 View Post
Well Jaybird
Enjoy!!!
A lots of fun ahead
Got mine last spring and went to Boston area, Normandy farm camp ground, 6 hours drive from Montreal, and put 9800km on it
I have the bunk also and manage to sleep 4 adults and 5 kids
Great unit, no problem other than tire valve issues, slow leak, change all the valves extension, and installed tire pressure monitor
No warranty issue, the air conditioner gave up and 2 days after fixed with brand unit
We still have snow here and still jacked up on block, just can't wait.....
One thing I should have installed are the hydraulic jacks

Enjoy

Yvon
I got the levelers on mine, just hope I can get it down my driveway without bottoming out.

Which Tire pressure system did you get? I've been reading about a few and will definitely be investing in one.

I'm so pumped right now, but still several weeks away. Just hope all is in order, already have several trips booked around my middle sons lacrosse tournaments. Can't wait to hit the road with the family.

Any weight issues with 4A and 5k or did some travel in another vehicle? Love the sleeping space but I am a bit concerned on the weight for travel. Think I may have to invest in a trailer.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #16
Yvonthe1

The tires monitor is TM66**™ Series TPMS - Technical Support is hawsome. Get them they will save the day, and will make you life easier
The weight I had concern at first, weight the unit when new empty, just full fuel. And loaded it from there, we are 2 adult 2 kid
Yes it was a concern we've adapted
What are the brand of your hydraulic jack and where the control are located
I will install them, but needs more info and if you have any pictures on how and where each jack are mounted and the control
I will take mine for a spin this weekend the kids and I just can wait
Regards

Yvon
yvonthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:13 AM   #17

I have owned mine since last July. Up until now I really liked it. I recently took it back to the dealer for several warranty concerns. The major issue is the corner of the fiberglass cap has spider webbed. The dealer submitted photographs to Forest River and from only one picture they have ascertained that the only thing that could have possibly caused this was "...something like a bird strike". So I can submit more pictures, but they pretty much told me it would still be denied. Forest River also told me I should submit a claim to my insurance and have them cover it.

Don't mean to hijack the OP'S thread, but hope you don't have any warranty
claims or else you will be paying your insurance deductible to get them fixed.

Any other Sunseeker owners experienced this issue?
rsscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Can you post the picture here?

Old 04-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #19

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429107380585.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	74308Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429107722374.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	74309Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429107732291.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	74310Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429107741819.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	74311
Old 04-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #20

Sorry for the repeat pics. Every time I attach photos it duplicates them.

Tags