Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
JimOneil43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 377
Warranties on appliances?

We're looking to buy a new 3050S this year and are trying to figure out what the warranties are on the appliances, etc. I know the FR basic warranty is one year and what the Ford chassis warranty is. Can anyone tell me what the warranties are on the Water heater (Atwood?), Furnace, Refrigerator (4 door), Jensen TV, AC system w/heat pump, Convection/microwave, and the Bigfoot leveling system? Cannot seem to find this info on the mfr websites.
Brian, can you help?
Thanks
__________________

__________________
Retired and loving it...Can't wait to get back on the road!
2017 Forester 3051S ("Farley")
Born April 18, 2016
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
2 years on a/c, water heater and fridge I believe.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gaylord, MI
Posts: 156
You should get all the owner manuals when you take possession. I highly recommend you register all the appliances with the appropriate manufacturers. The length of the warranty will be in the manual. Also, in most cases, you'll be able to purchase extended coverage.
__________________
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
JimOneil43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by biznsa View Post
You should get all the owner manuals when you take possession. I highly recommend you register all the appliances with the appropriate manufacturers. The length of the warranty will be in the manual. Also, in most cases, you'll be able to purchase extended coverage.
We were hoping to find out what the warranties are before we purchased and took delivery of our MH.
__________________
Retired and loving it...Can't wait to get back on the road!
2017 Forester 3051S ("Farley")
Born April 18, 2016
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimOneil43 View Post
We're looking to buy a new 3050S this year and are trying to figure out what the warranties are on the appliances, etc. I know the FR basic warranty is one year and what the Ford chassis warranty is. Can anyone tell me what the warranties are on the Water heater (Atwood?), Furnace, Refrigerator (4 door), Jensen TV, AC system w/heat pump, Convection/microwave, and the Bigfoot leveling system? Cannot seem to find this info on the mfr websites.
Brian, can you help?
Thanks
Leveling system--2yrs parts and labour
water heater--2 yrs (mine isn't Atwood though)
fridge--2yrs
AC --2yrs
micro--2yrs
tv--1 yr (?)
furnace--2yr
you must register all !!! and extended is available cheap hope this helps
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
JimOneil43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 377
Thanks, wana65stang....That's just the info we were looking for. Just like to know these things before we buy. I'm kinda funny that way.
Thanks again
__________________
Retired and loving it...Can't wait to get back on the road!
2017 Forester 3051S ("Farley")
Born April 18, 2016
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 38
I just bought a new 3050 sunseeker. I extended the fridge warranty to five years through dometic for around $166 dollars on line. The heat exchanger through atwood for $30.00 for a total of 7 years and heat pump and ac for a total of five years for around 170. I am also in the process of extending generator warranty to five years for 295 through Cummins. There are no warranties on tvs in a motor home from what i could find out. Atwood does not offer any extension on the cook tops. They are two years. I couldnt find one beyond the two years on the frigidaire convection microwave. You can also extend warranty on the outside stereo for 20 dollars am replacing mine anyway.
__________________
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
JimOneil43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker 88 View Post
I just bought a new 3050 sunseeker. I extended the fridge warranty to five years through dometic for around $166 dollars on line. The heat exchanger through atwood for $30.00 for a total of 7 years and heat pump and ac for a total of five years for around 170. I am also in the process of extending generator warranty to five years for 295 through Cummins. There are no warranties on tvs in a motor home from what i could find out. Atwood does not offer any extension on the cook tops. They are two years. I couldnt find one beyond the two years on the frigidaire convection microwave. You can also extend warranty on the outside stereo for 20 dollars am replacing mine anyway.
What is the basic warranty period on the Onan generator?
__________________
Retired and loving it...Can't wait to get back on the road!
2017 Forester 3051S ("Farley")
Born April 18, 2016
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Boso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,198
You have to do the annual service on some of these appliances and be able to prove it was done in order for the warranty to apply read carefully


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.