Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-17-2016, 10:56 PM   #1

Warranty Extension?????

We purchased our 2015 Sunseeker new in Feb 2015.
First trip, the bedroom Shwintek slide jammed requiring a tech to come out and repair it.( I posted that story when it happened)
The window by the sofa had a bind in it and the first time it was opened then closed, it shattered.
We couldn't use the RV without a window, so it sat at the dealer for 3 months waiting on Forest River to make one (apparently they don't keep extras.
When the new window arrived, the frame was damaged, but I had a trip planned and told the dealer to just order another.
The first rain, the window leaked like a sieve because the frame was bent. I sealed glass to frame, frame to RV, and made it thru the week in North Carolina.
Our last stop on the way home, the roller under the bedroom slide ripped out, rolled over, and tore a gash in the floor.
The RV sat in our drive for August, awaiting the arrival of a new window and an appt. for the slide.
Into the shop in Sept., where it sat until December, waiting for a floor from Forest River.
This last week we went on the first trip since, and neither the heat pump nor AC work. The compressor runs, fan blows, air temp out of the vents is the same as ambient air.
So that's 3 camping trips, and trip back to the dealer #3 coming up.
The shop has officially had the camper longer than I have, for major problems.
My fear is, since we have really not had a chance to "shake out" other systems that would normally break during the warranty period, when they DO start breaking, we will be screwed.
Has anyone ever heard of the manufacturer extending their warranty for such an instance, or is it just SOL?

2015 Sunseeker 3010ds
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #2

I bought the GoodSam Extended
My independent repair guys calls these things Boomerangs
He sends them out and they come right back in
Good luck getting FR to extend for free
It can't hurt to plead your case
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:51 AM   #3

I know they will pay for anything existing after warranty. I to have good Sams extended warranty much cheaper than anything else and recommended by Rv service company in my area.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:05 PM   #4

I took Wholesale Warranty, more bang for the buck and I haven't seen any complaints like against Good Sam.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #5

Buy the 2nd year FR warranty for $150. The dealers notoriously "fail" to provide you with a copy of the application that is supposed to be in your delivery package. While you're supposed to submit it within ten days, they've granted it to people anytime during the first year so are obligated to treat you the same.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 04:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
Buy the 2nd year FR warranty for $150. The dealers notoriously "fail" to provide you with a copy of the application that is supposed to be in your delivery package. While you're supposed to submit it within ten days, they've granted it to people anytime during the first year so are obligated to treat you the same.
X2 - this is your best deal.

Also, a trip to the Goshen Rally in August will get a tech team swarming your rig & fixing what ails it
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:23 PM   #7

I don't think Sunseeker is mfg in a trailer form and the FR extended warranty is not for motorhomes unless that changed
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

You never know what you will get if you talk to the manufacturer directly.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
The F/R Warr is Not a Blanket 150.00 Warr.for all Divisions! Please check with your Warr.Dept.! Some Divisions do NOT even offer a 2nd year Warr! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:58 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppytoymaker View Post
I don't think Sunseeker is mfg in a trailer form and the FR extended warranty is not for motorhomes unless that changed
Still the case. Only for FR towables.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:27 PM   #11

Really sorry to hear of all these problems! 😨

"The RV sat in our drive for August, awaiting the arrival of a new window and an appt. for the slide.

"Into the shop in Sept., where it sat until December, waiting for a floor from Forest River.

"This last week we went on the first trip since, and neither the heat pump nor AC work. The compressor runs, fan blows, air temp out of the vents is the same as ambient air."

I wonder if this was aggravated by these appliances not being used for months? When sitting waiting for repairs, it seems that items like the generator, A/C, perhaps others need to be exercised.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 02-10-2016, 11:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
Really sorry to hear of all these problems! 😨

"The RV sat in our drive for August, awaiting the arrival of a new window and an appt. for the slide.

"Into the shop in Sept., where it sat until December, waiting for a floor from Forest River.

"This last week we went on the first trip since, and neither the heat pump nor AC work. The compressor runs, fan blows, air temp out of the vents is the same as ambient air."

I wonder if this was aggravated by these appliances not being used for months? When sitting waiting for repairs, it seems that items like the generator, A/C, perhaps others need to be exercised.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
That passed thru my mind.

2015 Sunseeker 3010ds
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty