Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2015, 08:18 PM   #1

Warranty work

Our new Sunseeker is at CW having some warranty work done. We have an outlet in the overhead bunk with no power. FR sent hand drawn wiring schematics for them to trace, so far no success. We have a few other items that need to be addressed. We have already mentioned the flooring tear on this forum. This is the second FR product we have purchased, so we have a few things to say. We have come to realize that the rv industry seems to be on a level playing field when it comes to quality versus quantity. We feel a rv manufacturer could separate themselves from the rest with a warranty dept. that was quick with responses to any and all problems. Second, if the warranty dept. is overloaded, then you should definitely look at quality control. Third, why would there be hand drawn wiring schematics. I would think all sunseekers (3010) would be wired the same. Fourth, as a business owner myself, word of mouth is best (& worst) form of advertisement a company can have. I have yet to see any concern whatsoever from FR, with the exception of Brian Clemens. I would not be in business for a couple of weeks if I ran my business this way. I wish FR took the advice my father told me as a young man, I don't care about everybody else, I care about you. So FR, don't just try to be like everybody else, set yourself apart.
Trail blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about your issues. I have found the camping world near us to be very slow. I have found our current dealer to be much quicker. I have found forest river very responsive to emails and phone calls. If you haven't gone past going through camping world, you may want to.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:56 AM   #3

You are correct, it could be CW sharing in the slow warranty repair. I was just stating that an rv manufacturer should have a faster response when it comes to warranting a brand new unit. FR should let it be known among the dealers, if one of their units come in for warranty work, and it is obvious the owner did not create the issue, FIX the unit and settle the claim with warranty afterwards. That would make FR a trend setter in the rv industry, by putting the customer first and standing behind their product. I am not saying FR is bad, they are like everyone else in this industry. But why settle to be like everyone else?
Old 03-08-2015, 05:40 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solera blazer View Post
You are correct, it could be CW sharing in the slow warranty repair. I was just stating that an rv manufacturer should have a faster response when it comes to warranting a brand new unit. FR should let it be known among the dealers, if one of their units come in for warranty work, and it is obvious the owner did not create the issue, FIX the unit and settle the claim with warranty afterwards. That would make FR a trend setter in the rv industry, by putting the customer first and standing behind their product. I am not saying FR is bad, they are like everyone else in this industry. But why settle to be like everyone else?
Crossroads tried this. It still didn't work.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #5

Wow I love this post. I also own my own business and agree with statement about response time or any response at all I can't tell you how many times I have gone to a Web site and posted a question and never received a response it is the norm for sure. Why bother having a place to contact if you don't reapond. I bought a new 2860 in Ohio at avalon rv and have had good response. I bought there because my previous rv was used and they fixed a problem with mt generator that no one else could fix. So repairs do lead to new sales. I had a couple minor things that neee ed repair so I foxed them myself and moved on the time it takes to deal with a dealer is not worth the effort to me I paid for the parts myself. I also learned more doing the repairs myself and will be better prepared if it happens again. Obviously this wouldn't work for all repairs. People who own rvs have money and generally buy more rvs why loose customers over warranty work
Pacostaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #6

I have had rv's from 5 different companies the service is pretty much the same no matter what manufacture makes it unless you carry it to the plant or the shops that are located close to the plant because most of those shops are run by former employees the company standing behind there product is the only difference and most companies do if you complain very loud forest river has been pretty good so far

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-11-2015, 09:10 AM   #7
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacostaco View Post
Wow I love this post. I also own my own business and agree with statement about response time or any response at all I can't tell you how many times I have gone to a Web site and posted a question and never received a response it is the norm for sure. Why bother having a place to contact if you don't reapond. I bought a new 2860 in Ohio at avalon rv and have had good response. I bought there because my previous rv was used and they fixed a problem with mt generator that no one else could fix. So repairs do lead to new sales. I had a couple minor things that neee ed repair so I foxed them myself and moved on the time it takes to deal with a dealer is not worth the effort to me I paid for the parts myself. I also learned more doing the repairs myself and will be better prepared if it happens again. Obviously this wouldn't work for all repairs. People who own rvs have money and generally buy more rvs why loose customers over warranty work
Whoa, whoa, whoa. "norm for sure"? We now have (2) reps monitoring this site. All email questions posted on our site go directly to one person and should receive a follow up within 12 hours. (depending on time)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacostaco View Post

Paco, are you looking to solve your warranty issues with FR on this site? I don't know of any other RV manufactures that have reps on their discussion board. I was pleased to have other owners share ideas and knowledge but having 2 reps reading and responding to questions is above and beyond the normal business model. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forumsr
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #9
Love My Sunseeker

I've had good luck with dealers. I won't go to Camping World.

I had one case where a dealer in Montana let me leave before getting the official "warranty ok" from FR because they knew FR would cover it. (It was a broken doo-hickey or something on a slideout.) That same dealer called me later to confirm it was taken care of by FR.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #10

Just to give everyone a follow up. Not sure who is lying. CW says warranty has sent several hand drawn wiring schematics to no avail. FR said an engineer would call, hasn't happened yet. I sent an email to the FR service rep, and explained situation. Have not heard from FR. Also, the flooring tear has not been fixed yet. CW says they are waiting on parts from FR. You know it sure does leave a bad taste in your mouth when you are making a $1000 monthly payments and the unit is sitting for warranty repair.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #11
Commercial Member

i don't count as a contact from Forest River?

1. We have wiring schematics. If a hand drawn (CW words not mine) schematic was sent it could have been suggested trouble shooting items.

2. FR said an engineer would call who? You or the dealer?

3. Ill walk this down to the electrical engineer. Every time I've needed his help its been a matter of minutes not days. So something doesn't jive.

Old 03-16-2015, 05:59 AM   #12

Absolutely you count Mr. Clemens. I was talking about the service rep contact on the FR site. He may have responded to CW and not cc'd me. But of course as of Saturday CW said they have heard nothing. I feel and have always felt that you go way above and beyond what most people in this industry do. As always, I appreciate any attention to this matter you can give.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:08 AM   #13
Commercial Member

No problem...case in point I had a response from the electrical engineering before I sat down at my desk this morning.

"I am not sure if this is the same unit but service called me last week and the week before that asking about how the wiring is routed for the to the bunk area. I explained that the bunk 120v receptacle is the end receptacle on the circuit. The receptacle before that is in the overhead cabinet the bunk TV is mounted to. What I explained to service is if you have no power at the bunk receptacle perform a continuity test at the receptacle in the bunk TV overhead cabinet because it loops from there. That is as far as I have been involved with such an issue. I am more than happy to help further if needed."

Old 03-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #14

Mr. Clemens as always I appreciate your help. I feel CW had a big part to play in this situation. I have always been told that money is the root of all evil, but I believe frustration runs a close second. Thank you again.

Tags
warranty