Old 05-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #1

Water Filter

We have a 2011 Sunseeker 2300. Wanting to take care of several service items at the same time (water heater anode, water filter, water system sanitize), I was thrown a curve when I saw the coach had a Waterpur CCI-1--CLW water filter housing and I needed a CCI-10-C filter and replacement O-ring.
This filter is nowhere to be found, except online from Waterpur.
My dealer, RV Solutions in San Diego, does not stock it.

Why wouldn't Forest River use a water filter that anyone could replace at Camping World or other rv supply? Why wouldn't they require dealers to stock the part?

Does anyone know a comparable replacement?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
Site Team

You are right that you can only buy Pur filters for your canister directly from Pur. But any 10" should work and you can search for a number of discussions on what works best. I've bought from here but they're not much cheaper...

http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/RCCarbonCartridge.htm

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #3

The Waterpur cci-10-c costs 29.95 plus shipping.
O-Rings cost $10 for three.

The link to the filter is:
Beware Imitations

So what other filter matches their specs?
Pur is NOT the same as Waterpur.
Forest River should publish a list of compatable filters and o-rings.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #4

Having reluctantly ordered the filter from WaterPur, I find the invoice is from FlowPur and they have their own filters which are less expensive and seem compatable. Anyone use these to replace a WaterPur CCI-10-C?
I'm really disgusted with Forest River for the time and agravation over their use of esoteric filters.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #5

I installed a DuPont 800 Series filter bought at Walmart. Universal 10 inch length, carbon, taste, all that happy shtuff. Don't have the receipt, but could not have been too much. You can reuse the O Ring unless it tears or breaks, just make sure it is lubricated when you put it back, you can use silicone valve stem grease found in your neighborhood Home Depot in the plumbing section. As a suggestion, take an empty Cool Whip container and slip it under the filter housing to catch what leaks out when you unscrew it. Keep a towel hand for spills.

Chris in Virginia

vasnipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #6

Rainfresh CF2 Carbon Filter fits perfect and cost less than 10 bux.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2012: 18 2013: 16 2014: 5
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #7

You can get the O-ring from Home depot

when you look at the filter top and bottom - see how big the hole is - make sure the replacement filter has the same size hole - the smaller the hole the less water pressure you will have - thats if you get a filter from any where else other then an RV filter
2014 (3)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
2003 Sunseeker 3100SS

Check eBay! I got three for the price of two last winter!
Old 05-21-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Factory Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by davegood View Post
I'm really disgusted with Forest River for the time and agravation over their use of esoteric filters.
No offense intended Dave, but there seem to be a few suggestions to buy off of Ebay and the likes for other options. You're disgusted with Forest River? Why? Does Cannon or Epson or HP post links to knock off versions of their ink? I'm not involved at all with the filtration system, but why would a filtration company make it easy for you to buy replacement filters from anyone but them? They're not going to pay to go out and test the others guys filters to make sure they're the same quality. They knows their's works so they offer those as replacements. I'm sure all the others are just fine...but it seems silly to be mad at a company for not pushing a competitor's product.

I am here by personal choice, not as the official voice of Forest River
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
No offense intended Dave, but there seem to be a few suggestions to buy off of Ebay and the likes for other options. You're disgusted with Forest River? Why? Does Cannon or Epson or HP post links to knock off versions of their ink? I'm not involved at all with the filtration system, but why would a filtration company make it easy for you to buy replacement filters from anyone but them? They're not going to pay to go out and test the others guys filters to make sure they're the same quality. They knows their's works so they offer those as replacements. I'm sure all the others are just fine...but it seems silly to be mad at a company for not pushing a competitor's product.
I may be mistaken, but Forest River is NOT a filtration company. As an RV manufacturer it should incorporate standard, easily replacable parts which are available at the major rv part stores like Camping World.
I was easily able to obtain the anode for my Surburban water heater and compare prices for it because you use a standard brand. Same with generator parts.
Why do you use an offbrand company for the water filter? Why not choose from the companies whose replacement filters are easily available at competitive prices from rv parts or home supply stores? You do not even provide information as to comparable replacement parts. Does Forest River in fact have a financial interest in Waterpur (or FlowPur as the invoice states)?
I can't even purchase the filter locally because you don't require your dealers to stock them.