Old 08-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #11
I've had this problem on my 2300 Sunseeker, with the doors were hinged at the bottom. Flop doors I call them. Bent the latch plates so as to get a tighter seal at the top and that solved it for me.

RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #12
I had a pool of water in that compartment earlier this year on my 3170DS, 1st time ever. Thought it was the O-ring on the water filter but turned out it was a plastic coupling where the plastic water line enters the water pump. I could see the water dripping out of the connection at the coupling, but trying to tighten the coupling further didn't help (it was about as tight as it could go without breaking or stripping it). So I thought the coupling was cracked - since it was right after Winter. I unscrewed the coupling from the water pump, inspected it for cracks - it looked fine, so I re-tightened it back together and it hasn't leaked in 5 months. Go figure.

BuickGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:00 AM   #13
Spoke with my RV shop today and they fixed the leak, had a bad 'screen' in the pump or something. Not sure if the screen was bad, wasn't seated correctly or just by taking the pump apart and putting it back together fixed it. I'll try to get more info when I pick it up but that is what was causing the leak.

knockando is offline   Reply With Quote

cat, location, storage, water, water filter