Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2011, 06:42 PM   #1

Water Leak

We have a 2010 Sunseeker 3100S. Purchased in March 2010. It was at the repair shop from Mid July to Mid Sept drying out from several water leaks. We were assured it was fixed. They replaced all the paneling in the forward nose cone and cleaned the mattress cover. We returned it to them again so they could replace the floor covering that was splitting, another two weeks. Forest River gave us one month reimbursement of our mortgage.
We just returned from a weekend camping and found more mold under the mattress! Is there anyone else out there with a similar problem?
niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to scubieman
I pray to the dear lords Not. That sounds horrible.

scubieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #3

That does not sound like any fun! Did they tell you what they had to fix to repair the leaks?
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobry1 View Post
We have a 2010 Sunseeker 3100S. Purchased in March 2010. It was at the repair shop from Mid July to Mid Sept drying out from several water leaks. We were assured it was fixed. They replaced all the paneling in the forward nose cone and cleaned the mattress cover. We returned it to them again so they could replace the floor covering that was splitting, another two weeks. Forest River gave us one month reimbursement of our mortgage.
We just returned from a weekend camping and found more mold under the mattress! Is there anyone else out there with a similar problem?
Sounds to me that the mattress must have been wet as well. Cleaning the mattress cover only took care of the cover, but the mattress itself must have had moisture inside it. Damp mattress with no air to dry it out on the bottom created the mold issue. Sounds like they should have replaced the mattress as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman

Sounds to me that the mattress must have been wet as well. Cleaning the mattress cover only took care of the cover, but the mattress itself must have had moisture inside it. Damp mattress with no air to dry it out on the bottom created the mold issue. Sounds like they should have replaced the mattress as well.
They had it for 3 months. They had the matress cover cleaned and the mattress was dry. They would not replace the mattress. I was told there were 7 leaks found and repaired, the worse one was the marker lights in the front.
niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #6

Recently discovered water in our pre-owned, 2010, Sunseeker 2300. So far I haven't been able to get response from the only person at FR who deals with our model. When I look in the web site for a dealership to call about repair I just get a "no dealership in your area" message. Anybody had any experience with a dealership in or near Tennessee?
Sunseeker2300 is offline   Reply With Quote