Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #1

Water leak, front deck, 2010 Sunseeker

Recently discovered water dripping from the front seam (front deck, seam above windshield) of our pre-owned, 2010, Sunseeker 2300. So far I haven't been able to get response from the only person at FR who deals with our model for warranty or technical advice.

When I look in the web site for a dealership to call about repair I just get a "no dealership in your area" message. Anybody had any experience with a dealership in or near Tennessee?
Sunseeker2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #2

Late yesterday I had a message from the representative at FR. He said that although our RV was less than a year old there was no warranty since we purchased it pre-owned. Previous owners had traded it in for a larger model after only 5 months. The fact that there was a small void in the factory installed sealant over the cab did not have any bearing on the situation. This is so totally unfair, that they are not responsible for workmanship if the unit has changed hands, but it is stated in the owner's warrenty information and I have to accept it. He left the name of four dealerships in our area where we could seek repair.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseeker2300 View Post
Late yesterday I had a message from the representative at FR. He said that although our RV was less than a year old there was no warranty since we purchased it pre-owned. Previous owners had traded it in for a larger model after only 5 months. The fact that there was a small void in the factory installed sealant over the cab did not have any bearing on the situation. This is so totally unfair, that they are not responsible for workmanship if the unit has changed hands, but it is stated in the owner's warrenty information and I have to accept it. He left the name of four dealerships in our area where we could seek repair.
This is true of anything you buy used. As soon as the original owner trades or sells the item to someone else the warrenty is no longer any good. I agree it sucks but that is how business is done 99% of the time. At least he gave you some repair shops alot of place would not have done that. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #4

Have you had a chance to get it repaired? I have the same leak. I'm wondering how costly it is to fix. Thanks! Jayna
dndskwio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #5

Sorry Jayna, don't have much information to share. I spoke to a couple of dealers and was told that they didn't have any special way of drying it out inside the walls. They would have to strip all the front paneling off (over the bunk) to tell us if there was any damage and could only quote a rate of $95 an hour for this inspection with no quote for how long that would take. They indicated that this would require new paneling to replace what they removed and couldn't give me any idea how much this would cost in material or labor. We have not decided to have this done at this time.

My husband was able to find two leaks on the roof: one on each front corner. Looking at the unit from the side you will see a strip that comes around the edge of the nose and stops about a foot back from the nose. (Now looking from the top) this intersects with the seam across the top. Just in the corner where they meet the original sealant had a small void on each side, looks like they may use two different types of sealant that didn't bond to each other. It is hard to see, but if your leak is where ours was you may be able to find it.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #6

2010 3100SS Leak

We had the same problem but we were covered by the warranty. Forest River made it good after several botched up repairs. Finally fixed by B&E RV Repair in Ocala, FL. They ended up replacing the entire over cab area. We had a bad mold problem from the moisture. Good luck!
niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #7

Davis Motorhome Mart ,Memphis ,Tn.901-332-3422
louis cherry is offline   Reply With Quote