Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #21

I am also curious as to that hook-up. My sediment trap is between the filter and the pump and all the traps I've seen are below the bowl, I presume so gravity helps keep the "garbage" out of the line. Do more of you have a set-up like this?
dsiegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:57 AM   #22
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiegler View Post
I am also curious as to that hook-up. My sediment trap is between the filter and the pump and all the traps I've seen are below the bowl, I presume so gravity helps keep the "garbage" out of the line. Do more of you have a set-up like this?

Are you saying that your screen is between the pump and the filter? What bowl are you referring to? Post a picture if you can. I’m curious how yours is set up.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:42 AM   #23

Here is a picture of how mine is set up, filter before pump and winterizing valve before filter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump with Valve Installed.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	155085  
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:49 AM   #24
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrabbit View Post
Here is a picture of how mine is set up, filter before pump and winterizing valve before filter.

Ok, now that makes sense to me. Your winterizing valve is in the correct place as is your screen. I don’t think the orientation of the screen makes any difference as the water comes in to the middle of the screen and out to the outside of the screen. I didn’t install my valve correctly. I was unaware until someone above pointed it out so it is wrong so it is cold now. I won’t fix it till next spring when it’s warm. Thanks for the picture.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #25

As long as there is no water left in that little screen filter I guess you are okay. My concern would be anything freezing in that little plastic screen bowl. You can take off the screen bowl. It just twists off if you want to remove it.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #26
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Yep, I removed mine this year. Everyone on this forum is just such a great help. I hope others learn from my mistake. I didn’t post soon enough to avoid putting in the wrong place but I’m glad I found out.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awilson View Post
Thanks for the response. I really dislike and don’t use the filter so I am interested in what and how you put in a pressure tank in place of the PIA housing that doesn’t hardly fit in the hole. I plan to go dump what water is left in the holding tanks and add more antifreeze in them and the traps.
I got a Waterworks 2 gallon pressure tank. I mounted it in line where the water filter had been. I mounted a 3/4" piece of plywood where the filter had been mounted. I used 2 large hose clamps to attach the tank to the plywood. I had to put a right angle valve stem extension on top of the tank because there wasn't enough clearance to use a tire pressure gauge. I think I have the tank bladder inflated to around 15-20 psi. It greatly reduces the water pump cycling on and off. I would post a picture but my trailer is at the dealer to have the slide inspected.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #28
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Turf View Post
I got a Waterworks 2 gallon pressure tank. I mounted it in line where the water filter had been. I mounted a 3/4" piece of plywood where the filter had been mounted. I used 2 large hose clamps to attach the tank to the plywood. I had to put a right angle valve stem extension on top of the tank because there wasn't enough clearance to use a tire pressure gauge. I think I have the tank bladder inflated to around 15-20 psi. It greatly reduces the water pump cycling on and off. I would post a picture but my trailer is at the dealer to have the slide inspected.
I, too, am interested in this setup. I've only got about 6" in that space and all the tanks I have looked at are 8" or so in diameter.
Once you get your unit back, I'd like to see a picture, please. 👍

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:01 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
I USE WINDSHIELD WASH IN OUR "p" TRAPS...cheaper!!!!.....-45*
You might save what... $1? Plus windshield washer fluid is definitely poisonous. I'll spend the extra $1 and stick with the non-toxic RV anti-freeze.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:26 AM   #30
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
You might save what... $1? Plus windshield washer fluid is definitely poisonous. I'll spend the extra $1 and stick with the non-toxic RV anti-freeze.
Not even a $1.
R/V antifreeze at our local Wally World (good to -50º)... $2.98
Washer fluid (good to -21º)... $2.59.

Why... why would you?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #31

I noticed in a couple of the pictures that the owner had removed the pink suction hose and capped the connection point on the two way valve. Is that necessary, or is just flipping the valve back to the water tank direction sufficient?
RacerRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Not even a $1.
R/V antifreeze at our local Wally World (good to -50º)... $2.98
Washer fluid (good to -21º)... $2.59.

Why... why would you?
Ace Hardware ~~ 2 gallon for $5.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #33
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphbeacham View Post
I noticed in a couple of the pictures that the owner had removed the pink suction hose and capped the connection point on the two way valve. Is that necessary, or is just flipping the valve back to the water tank direction sufficient?

Definitely cap it. I replaced a water pump I thought was bad a few years back. The shop even thought it was ad but after putting in a new pump it still would not work. Turned out the valve was allowing it to suck air through the pink suction hose. Lesson learned.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
I, too, am interested in this setup. I've only got about 6" in that space and all the tanks I have looked at are 8" or so in diameter.
Once you get your unit back, I'd like to see a picture, please. 👍
Hopefully the picture is good enough to see details. The tank is exactly where the filter housing had been. It is attached to the wall with two large worm drive hose clamps. I think I used romex staples to anchor the clamps to the wall.Galvanized tee fitting is threaded onto the bottom of the tank.There is a small block of wood between the tee and the floor. (a little extra insurance that the tank will stay put on rough roads) I think you can see the right angle valve stem on top of the tank. There wasn't enough clearance up there to get a pressure gauge on the fitting that came with the tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pressure tank.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	156027  
Old 11-08-2017, 02:01 PM   #35
DW's 401(k) Plan

Wow, looks good! Unfortunately, I don't have that much room to install the tank, but you did a great job! 👍

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:10 PM   #36
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Wow, looks good! Unfortunately, I don't have that much room to install the tank, but you did a great job! [emoji106]

Yes! A bummer for me too! Not that much room.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:06 AM   #37

That's too bad. It is definitely a bonus not having that loud water pump turn on in the middle of the night.

I would still take the water filter out just so you don't have the hassle of trying to get the anti freeze out without spilling it all over. A hose end filter is so much easier to deal with.

Tags
pump, water, water pump, winter