Old 01-31-2016, 01:05 PM   #51

Criminals have used campers for years to commit crimes. In a previous post, I mentioned the Class C modified to haul stolen Corvettes. When we flew over the farm, we saw the camper behind the barn and thought they must do some travelling-until it registered that we had info that a Class A had been modified to conceal cars. Now they had two.

There is information on RV crime that drug dealers are using campers as mobile meth labs. What better use for a stolen RV? Well, actually there area lot of reasons. Camping people are all honest, right. And they don't like to be harassed. But the fact is, a camper can haul any number of illicit items and rarely get stopped and rarely get boarded. It's a pretty safe bet.

Old 01-31-2016, 08:52 PM   #52
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
Interesting they use them for smuggling.
Never really thought of that. Pretty smart actually. (at your expense)
And I am usually pretty good at thinking like a criminal.
I guess you've never see the movie "Meet the Millers". Not PG, but pretty funny.

05CrewDually is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:55 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I guess you've never see the movie "Meet the Millers". Not PG, but pretty funny.

LOL At 2:15 check out the in-dash stereo system!

Old 02-01-2016, 01:56 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
Great observation, Verizon is one of the best cell services, but it is not perfect. Verizon HUM cell tower vs OnStar satellite. Satellite would prevail. OnStar also has proven reliability. Looks like Verizon is looking to sell their towers network, following the lead of T-Mobile. No word of going into satellites.
OnStar is cellular based, it is not a satellite based product. You will have basically the same coverage area with either Hum or OnStar products. Especially since OnStar now uses leased cellular access through AT+T primarily (See Here) and the other cellular carriers.

I think Verizon missed the market with Hum by not making it Bluetooth. I have nice Bluetooth compatible systems in all my vehicles that would work much better than a cheap visor speaker assembly...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:33 PM   #55

RedLdr1, thanks for correcting me on the satellite thing. Eight years with OnStar and still learning. HUM does have blue tooth capability. It is shown under the "Speaker" icon. https://www.hum.com/how-it-works.aspx
Old 02-01-2016, 05:04 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
RedLdr1, thanks for correcting me on the satellite thing. Eight years with OnStar and still learning. HUM does have blue tooth capability. It is shown under the "Speaker" icon. https://www.hum.com/how-it-works.aspx
You are correct, I didn't go in to enough detail on the issue I've come up against.

The problem is I can pair my smart phone directly with Hum but I can't pair Hum with the existing Sync systems in our Ford's, or with the Jensen system in our coach, to access my smart phone indirectly through Sync. I want Hum to use my existing sound systems, where our phones are already paired, for any calls. Pairing the Hum to my smart phone and leaving it also paired to my Sync will confuse the system...or maybe result in some interesting calls in stereo!

I called Verizon and was transferred all around tech support trying to figure this one out as I'd like to put it in my wife's car. Their "easy" solution was to just unpair my existing systems and pair our phones directly to Hum. But I'm not willing to lose the functionality I already have to add Hum. The last tech I spoke with admitted this was a known issue and was being "reviewed"... I plan on checking back with them when I see the next software Release.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote