Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdutch View Post
Yes to Bernoulli principle (which is how an Airplane gets off the ground I might add)
Yes to pump being on while traveling to use bathroom
Empty system
You don't think I hurt the water pump?
Now things make sense but I still believe if you pull out the anode/plug you will get water from the heater.

I think you probably hurt the pump as it would heat up if pumping just air for very long. Was it still running when you stopped?
__________________

__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
trdutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Wylie
Posts: 487
What came out of my hot water tank?

I was under the impression that the pump switch could be left on and only ran when a demand was asked of it
Obviously I didn't count on the cap being torn off of the drain
So lesson learned is never travel with pump switch on????
I never heard to the contrary.I guess I missed that thread/chapter/video.
I guess I'll have them look at the water system while it's in for the awning
Sometimes I wonder if I'm in over my head
Camping was supposed to be the hobby
NOT fixing,preventing and rebuilding!
__________________

__________________
I never saw a Hearse towing a Trailer
'71 Dads VW camper pop up Van
'78.....tents
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 956
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdutch View Post
I was under the impression that the pump switch could be left on and only ran when a demand was asked of it
Obviously I didn't count on the cap being torn off of the drain
So lesson learned is never travel with pump switch on????
I never heard to the contrary.I guess I missed that thread/chapter/video.
I guess I'll have them look at the water system while it's in for the awning
Sometimes I wonder if I'm in over my head
Camping was supposed to be the hobby
NOT fixing,preventing and rebuilding!
Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have had issues. The cap was probably just loose and vibrated off. Mine were both loose which I found during my post delivery check.

The new larger motorized campers are more complex and require some fixing and preventing. I'm very curious on how things work so I have been all thru my unit. I am always looking for ways to modify things and make them better. This forum is a great resource on issues others have had. Items such as improperly installed anti-sail stops on the slide toppers, missing fuse in the charge control circuit, and a plumbing mistake to name a few I discovered were also on my unit.
__________________
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:16 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
Don't put CLR in your water heater. Main ingredient is sulfuric acid.
__________________
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:47 AM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by harderd View Post
Don't put CLR in your water heater. Main ingredient is sulfuric acid.
Oh, . Thanks for the heads up.
__________________
Tim Myers
2013 Ford F-450
2015 Sabre 34 REQS-6
dustym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
trdutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Lake Wylie
Posts: 487
What came out of my hot water tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself. We all have had issues. The cap was probably just loose and vibrated off. Mine were both loose which I found during my post delivery check.

The new larger motorized campers are more complex and require some fixing and preventing. I'm very curious on how things work so I have been all thru my unit. I am always looking for ways to modify things and make them better. This forum is a great resource on issues others have had. Items such as improperly installed anti-sail stops on the slide toppers, missing fuse in the charge control circuit, and a plumbing mistake to name a few I discovered were also on my unit.
I hear ya
I've already modified the Awning
Redid the shower door with new sweep seals and re caulked the entire door
Fixed a leaky water pump
Installed a brake controller
Installed vent covers
Etc etc...
For the benefit of others
It probably would be a good idea to put a shutoff valve on the HOT low drain
The Cap did NOT fall off.
Something hit it and cracked the top off
The threaded part was still attached but the drain was wide open
A spare cap is a must but considering everything that happened I'm thinking a shutoff valve
__________________
I never saw a Hearse towing a Trailer
'71 Dads VW camper pop up Van
'78.....tents
'93 Coleman pop ups (I'm Dad)
'04 Fleetwood Jamboree 26q
'14 Sunseeker 2860DS
trdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
wesslvm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 202
I was once told that RV stands for ruined vacations!


2014 Sunseeker 3050S

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
2014 Sunseeker 3050S
Honda CRV (TOAD)
wesslvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
hockeytownmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 1,124
When I did the walk through, I asked if there was an anode rod and they told me no, but is there?
__________________
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:17 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
hockeytownmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 1,124
What ATVer said. I had my Roo for 4 years and learned in March that I had the bypass on the water heater closed when it should have been opened. There is so much to learn. Best advice: Check everything every few trips.
__________________
Kristina & Family
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
'13 Honda Pilot -Kar Kaddy 3

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
When I did the walk through, I asked if there was an anode rod and they told me no, but is there?
Hocky,if you have a (Suburban W/H) it has a A/rod! Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hot water, tank, water, water tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.