Old 08-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #61
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparky View Post
BC
do they make a 4 port with a DC input instead of AC? It would solve that problem in the slides. I guess that's why I like the DC female outlets, they give me a lot of different options with DC usb chargers and portable DC to AC inverters that I can do about anything with. Although if the purpose is trying to get rid of the DC outlets, I personally think the DC outlets are a lot more useful than just usb charger ports. Honestly 4 ports are not enough for a family of 4 to charge all their toys. And if they are 120VAC ran 4 port chargers absolutely not a good idea for people that boondock. I wouldn't want to run the generator for a couple hours to charge the phones and toys

But, one between the fold down table and window in the dinette would make a dent in it. for AC or DC use. everyone asks where to charge when sitting at the table. I don't tell them about the 120VAC plug under the table on the front bench seat as its unhandy and I don't want/ need the cords snaking along the wall LOL

The charging outlets are needed in todays world, I'm just not sure there is any one size that fits all. My vote personally would be an option for more strategic placed DC outlets... Just my 2 cents

As a side question how many amps are possible on the DC outlets in my Sunseeker and does that include the ones in the Ford cab? I haven't paid much attention to the AWG of the DC wire to the DC outlets. I'm not overloading anything right now but have a few projects in mind for the 12VDC to 120VAC inverters.

Thanks for listening to us BC, as I said one size doesn't fit all, that's why options LOL

Ron
The one shown is a 4 port DC input. That picture is in a slide. 4 may not be enough, but you'll still have all the AC receptacles and DC power ports. This is above and beyond anything we're doing now.

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #62

Dang y'all. Now I gotta get something like this too. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #63

BC
OK great I thought I had read in your early posts that they were wanting to eliminate a bunch of the DC outlets. maybe a deluxe package option with more DC ports and charging ports.

When I first looked at the sunseekers one of my first questions was where is the inverter? so you see where I'm coming from... LOL

Not in a hurry but when you get time would you let me know what the AWG of the main DC outlets wire is. I would guess its fused somewhere? I've got some good ideas I want to do LOL

Thanks

RON
Old 08-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #64

It's a prototype, it's a step in the right direction (ie responding to customers asks) and it doesn't look half bad. Nets like this have been in RVs for years. I think if that option to charge your smartphones, etc is there, it will get used. I say go for it.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #65
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It's actually a manufactured cargo net with a metal frame that we already use in the kids bunk area (of our 3170) to hold remotes, game boys, phones, DVD,s etc. Looks better in person, but first impressions are first impressions, we have to take them into account.
Looking a little closer at it, if it is a manufactured part, it is very poor quality as it is not even square and bottom line is crudely built. IMO, I'd remove both of them and make or buy something more befitting a quality unit like the Sunseeker.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #66
GM

It's not really meant to be square.

It is a metal frame in the shape of a U. The top section of the U is bungey cord material. When an iPad is in, it leaves the top section hanging out so you can grab it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Net.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	61111  
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 08-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #67

You asked for opinions so here is mine. Looks great if you are working from your mh and need it for 2 or 3 devices but if you need to stay connected to the world 24/7 while you are camping to check facebook and play games why are you even leaving home.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:56 PM   #68
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerGuy View Post
Hey, folks, it's a prototype. Make it work first then make it pretty!
Right on - ever see a prototype car/pickup? They're not very pretty,but pretty looks aren't what prototypes are for - they're for testing new design concepts or new engineering methods etc.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #69
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Right on - ever see a prototype car/pickup? They're not very pretty,but pretty looks aren't what prototypes are for - they're for testing new design concepts or new engineering methods etc.
All prototypes I ever worked on for companies looked better than anything that came off the production floors of Bendix, AAF, IH, Modine, Brandt Mfg, Lockheed Martin, just saying.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #70
GM

By all means then, I'd happily send you a crisp one hundred dollar bill if you make me a prototype that is less than $30 in raw materials, native 12V, uses readily available parts, no more then 2" in depth.

And I need to be able to install 17 a day without it taking too much time.