Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2014, 05:21 PM   #61

What's not to love.....

It's a jeep thing. Besides I look cool when I am towing the waste water tote to the dump station behind the jeep when we camp without hook ups. Pull the top and doors off, put on shorts, white socks, and sum black dress loafers, put the left foot in the door jamb and cruise..

If you see me I won't wave, I'll just look at you and nod like they do on the blueblocker tv commercials ( best to nod your head up and down at 28 times per minute, with a 60 degree range left to right at 5 times per minute).

Somedays I pull it around even when it is empty if the cougers are sunning anywhere near the road.....

For good measure lip sync some Barry Manalow.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #62

I tow saturn aura with new class c have towed Jeep Grand Cherokee,accura mdx,chevy z71 but was towing with larger coach Boso
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:17 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsx2 View Post
For us the Rubicon was the only choice as we go to Jeep Events during the year as well. Curb weight we didn't even look at for this reason. Will there be much savings in fuel economy with a 700# swing in curb weight - not sure! For us we love taking our Jeep, top down and doors off when we get to our destination (i.e. Myrtle Beach, Put-N-Bay, Bantam Jeep Fest).

Can a Subaru Outback be Flat Towed? I'll have to as my brother as he just bought a new one.

Best of luck in what every your decision may be..

Yes, the manual transmission can be flat towed, not autos, nor can you put them on a dolly. We do not jeep so the outback works well for us as a tow and a daily driver. I like the way the steering lock works. Turn the key to first position and it only unlocks the steering. No ACC running. With the brake light diodes installed, no fuses to pull. Had to run a dedicated 12volt connection from the battery for the aux braking. So I am plug and go.
With the Subaru, no tow restrictions. No speed restrictions, no stopping and cooling the tranny, no worries, much like the jeep.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #64

Any one using a Toyota Corola for a toad 4 down?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forumsr
rekwiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:28 AM   #65

We tow a Mazda Miata using a Roadmaster tow bar coupled with a Rennen Metal tow bar bracket. It pulls so nice you don't even know it is there.
Toolman Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #66

We have a Sunseeker 2300 our toad is a Jeep Liberty with a Blue OX tow bar and face plate, and a brake Buddy. Very easy to set up.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #67

Brake buddy

Is the brake buddy a brake piston system? The reason I ask is if so how do you work your tail lights. I do not use the Jeep taillights as I have a patriot bake and I am concerned about two conflicting brake light signal as my jeep brake lights come on anytime you press the brake, key on or off.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #68

If you have installed wiring to run your toads tail lights from the RV connection, you will Need to do one or the other. Pull the brake light fuse or install diodes that will prevent feedback into the toad or the rv. Husky and Roadmaster makes them. Typically, you will need four. 2 for each brake light and two for each turn signal. This will ensure that there is no electrical feedback into the toads electrical system. Ooh, Amazon has them.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:32 PM   #69

Hoglu, The brake Buddy depresses the jeeps brake pedel. I have separate lights installed in the jeeps tail lights for turn signals & tail lights.
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #70

stop me!

I thought you were talking about a brake. The brake buddy operated like my patriot that pushed the jeep brake pedal. I run a light bar attached to the jeep trailer hitch that is powered from the coach for tail/turn/brake lights.

When you mentioned brake buddy I was thinking it could have been the power isolater I installed to charge the jeep battery from the coach, but prevents current from going from the jeep to the coach. I added it to the 6 pin connector from the coach.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tags
class c