Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

What is omitted in 2250LE?

In looking at the msrp's on rvdirect.com, I was surprised to see that the 2300 is quite a bit higher than the 2250LE, even though the latter has a slide. I was told by a dealer that the 2250 is "built for a price point". What does it lack, or have lower quality components of, compared to the 2300 and up?
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
Commercial Member

A lot.....

For starters, it has a rubber roof instead of the standard fiberglass roof.

Compare it on FR's website.
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #3

My 2013 2250LE has a fiberglass roof. Download the brochures on the FR website and you can compare.
biglou847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #4

it does have fibergass roof. it does not have spare tire and many other things
the regular sunseekers have.

Sunseeker Class C Motorhome Downloads by Forest River
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
A lot.....

For starters, it has a rubber roof instead of the standard fiberglass roof.
Compare it on FR's website.

Incorrect.

No spare, no transfer switch, no ladder, no water filter, no sink cover, no dream dinette, no child head tethers, optional running boards, no heated and enclosed tanks, t-mold counters, no drawers in the dinette, no bumper cover.

Funny thing is...THIS is the same spec other Class C builder are offering on their normal units.

We started building this because dealers & many customers would compare price only...not spec. So they wanted us to compete on price with other builders that had propane only water heaters, no heated, enclosed tanks, no spare, no water filter...etc...etc. So we gave them one floor plan.

Thing is I hate talking about what it "doesn't have" because it makes it seem inferior. But this is the same spec for Thor, Minnie Winnie, Coachmen, Redhawk, etc. BUT as is our way, everyone else does this on a non slide. We are the only ones that eliminate the corner bed.

It just looks less in comparison because we offer so much on the Sunseeker/Forester.

We still get customers that like the floor plan and want all the regular Sunseeker features. However if we put all those options on there, the dealers would add them and we'd be back at square one "Well such and such is this price for that size unit"
<bclemens beats head against wall>

PS. We do not stock rubber roofing material...so we never thought to cut costs by using rubber roof.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #6

Some more info

What Brian said plus, here are some other comparisons on my Chevy 2250 vs the Chevy 2300. My length is 24'4", 2300 is 25'. I have less water capacity--fresh/grey/black is 35/32/27 vs 50/34/39 on the 2300. My water heater is gas/electric. I added options, (some of these are not on the option list but I was still able to get them): Onan generator instead of Guardian, 24" front tv, aluminum running boards, back up camera, second coach battery, 19" bedroom tv, arctic package, rear mounted spare tire, outside shower, heated remote mirrors. The living section of the two units is about the same, the big difference is in the bed. You don't have to put out a slide to use the bed in the 2300 which is an advantage but making a corner bed or crawling over the foot to get in is a disadvantage to me. Admittedly, however, there is not that much room to get around the bed in the 2250. Hope some of this helps.
Lou
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #7

Thanks guys, that helps a lot. Some of those things don't bother me at all. I'd absolutely want a roof ladder, and probably a couple of the others. All of the things I want could be added, and for the price difference, it'd still be worthwhile for me. I wish they were options, though.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #8

How does the power cord arrangement affect your use of the storage compartment on that side? It seems it would be a big hassle if you store anything on top of it.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Commercial Member

It certainly would. I had someone mount a small L-shape hook to the wall, they hang it on the side instead.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #10

Some other differences from reading the brochures:
2250- manual awning
No outside shower
No slide topper

Are those correct?
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Awning is now power with the LED strip. Slide topper is now included. Working on a new brochure as we speak, I reviewed the proof yesterday. (Proof attached)

no outside shower.

Well I tried to attach the proof and its not working. Let me try a reboot.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #12

My 2013 2250 had both a power awning and a slide topper standard.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:59 AM   #13

Can anyone comment on the Guardian genset? I have an Onan now, so I know what it is like. Is the Guardian louder?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
Commercial Member

Guardian is now out of the RV gen business. So I can comment that its a moot point unless you're buying used. (or someone has a leftover)

Onan is standard in all our units now.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #15

This is all very helpful for us. We are going to buy something, either a 2250 or 2300. At this point, either would be nice, so I'm going to have to work on the price vs. features thought process. Thanks, and I'll probably have a few more questions.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It certainly would. I had someone mount a small L-shape hook to the wall, they hang it on the side instead.
I mounted a small hose reel holder and hang the cord on that.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman9000 View Post
Can anyone comment on the Guardian genset? I have an Onan now, so I know what it is like. Is the Guardian louder?

Not sure if you meant Genrac which to my knowledge is what was the standard unit on the Sunseeker up until now that Onan is standard. I have a Genrac in a Sunseeker and a home emergency power unit. Both seem very quiet. When I ordered my RV the dealer wanted me to buy the optional Onan. I asked why, is it quieter? he said no Onans are easier to find parts. However most stores like Home Depot or Lowes carry Genracs so parts shouldn't be an issue.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #18

Well, we went with the 2300. Really, it and the 2250 are so close as far as interior room, we could have gone either way. But the dealers came down nicely on the 2300 and made it worthwhile to get the extra upgrades it carries. We had to order, and supposedly it shows up in 8 weeks.

Thanks for the help, and I'm sure I'll have a million questions soon.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Working on a new brochure as we speak, I reviewed the proof yesterday. (Proof attached)

Well I tried to attach the proof and its not working. Let me try a reboot.
bclemens -

I am also a sales guy & have a suggestion for your brochure. This particular thing has bothered me from day 1. Sorry but it must be my frustrated marketing side. On the last page, where you talk about your PDI facility, there's a line that says "The bare essentials for a premium product.". How about losing "The bare essentials" wording? It makes it sound like you have dirt floors, tarps for a roof, & have to rub two sticks together for warmth. How about something like "An advanced last stop to ensure you receive nothing but a premium product". Needs some word-smithing but just something to convey that you're going above & beyond vs just having the bare essentials.
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
Commercial Member

Lol. I proof all our brochures BUT that one came from corporate. And frankly, I've never read it. I agree. I'll see if we can change the verbiage on our end or if this is a corporate mandate.

PDI, Coach-Net, Frog I have never paid attention too because that was a corporate add on.