Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2018, 01:58 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst3 View Post
I would have made sure the gauge on the propane tank worked. Took it back to the dealer (Airport Motorhomes in London, Ont.) twice and they claimed they fixed it. We finally gave up because they are 1.5 hours one way trip, meaning 6 hours of driving each fix attempt.

That's the one thing we were never able to repair on our unit since purchasing new.

We have a 2016 Sunseeker 2400R we bought used and the propane gauge did not work. Bought a new sending unit on Amazon for about $10 bucks. They just snap off and snap the new one on. Has worked fine ever since. EZY Pizy.
Dbrote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:07 AM   #62

What would I now do on day one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jst3 View Post
I would have made sure the gauge on the propane tank worked. Took it back to the dealer (Airport Motorhomes in London, Ont.) twice and they claimed they fixed it. We finally gave up because they are 1.5 hours one way trip, meaning 6 hours of driving each fix attempt.

That's the one thing we were never able to repair on our unit since purchasing new.

My gauge also does not work. As far as I can trace the issue, the float in the tank is broken.

I use the Mopeka tank gauge. It is a magnetic device the fastens to the bottom of the tank and uses “ultrasonic technology” to measure the depth of the propane in the tank.

It is mostly used for home BBQ propane tanks but is workable for onboard motorhome tanks. The magnet is not that strong so I only attach it when parked at campsite. It would not communicate properly with my iPad but works with my iPhone. It also supports android phones. I found the percentage level setting to be frustrating to use so i just use the inches reading for the tank. Since the tank is a horizontal cylinder, the bottom of the tank drains fast. I typically think about refills when I have 4 inches left in tank.

https://mopeka.com/
sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
Next time you have the racks unloaded throw a pic up. Would love to see the entire setup...

I will take a few shots in a couple of weeks before I load up for the next trip.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #64

Here are some photos of the racks while I was loading the other day.
They work great.
5 minutes or less for the bicycles.
8-10 minutes for the motorcycle.
They can come off separately. That was my point of doing them this way.
Cheers

Motorhome bike racks.pdf
Old 09-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #65

thanks

That is one beaut of a beast. Nice clean work.. did you hit an alum stud on the vertical run? For those playing along at home you can take blue painter tape and map out the studs on cool humid mornings...
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:12 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoglou View Post
did you hit an alum stud on the vertical run?

Horizontal run - the frame stud for the lower window. It is also the same spot as a body to frame mount at the bottom.
I also used a urethane bushing in the mount for some flex available.
It's pretty solid. Plated on the inside also.

Just need to get out the step ladder from the coach for safe loading and unloading.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:18 PM   #67

I can also attach the bicycle rack to the center receiver hitch by removing one bolt, one pin and attaching a hitch extension I keep in the rear bumper- for extended stays where I don't want to hoist the bike up all the way...although keeping them high is also a good theft deterrent.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #68

After 2 weeks and many showers in the m/h, I love the adjustable thermostat I put on the water heater.
Set almost perfect for showers. Just turn on hot and cold full open and back off cold slightly to suit and it is great.
Should have done this sooner. Mine was way too hot. No more drip drip from the pressure relief valve.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
Mines up and out of the way now.

Nice setup

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1670.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	204209

Dual sport and 2 Mtn bikes
Markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote