Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #41
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post
Ordered Mings 12v oil rubbed bronze reading lights to replace the too bright LED ones over the bed and recliners. FR must have gotten a lot of feedback that the lights weren't bright enough, but jeez, we're not doing surgery.
We're not?!?!?!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #42
Chief tinkerer

Grinch, hah. Ok, lights installed. Even these di-o-dees are bright lil suckers. I think I can get bubs with less lumens.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_173541-1.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	134182Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_170905.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	134183Click image for larger version

Name:	20170408_175050.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	134184

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #43
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post
Grinch, hah. Ok, lights installed. Even these di-o-dees are bright lil suckers. I think I can get bubs with less lumens.
Attachment 134182Attachment 134183Attachment 134184
Very Nice!

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 05-03-2017, 12:02 AM   #44

What's your top Sunseeker modification?

My 1999 FR Sunseeker is exactly what I wanted with one slide but in the process of moving have not been able to do all the things I wanted to but hope to have JoJo back on the road in the Spring. It came with a GenRac 5500 which I think in overkill for a 26' Class C. The starter went out and you guessed it it's on the back but I have decided to replace with an Onan mounted on a rack that will make it easy to work on. You see I use JoJo to show dogs and I made a very costly mistake 4 years ago getting someone off CraigsList, instead of a small leak in the overhead, after 4200.00 I have a whole front over cab MESS. I have a cover on him and when I finish my bathroom renovations I will get him fix. You see he is a 99 but paid for and his engine and all has new tune up with all belts, hoses and complete tune up.
I have been as far as Atlanta all the way pass Cinn. And he only has 32,000 miles. I love the one slide and 26', I can park just about anywhere. My first job is redoing the front and roof and making sure it's leakproof. I plan to go from that to pulling the GenRac 5500, sell and replacing with a Brand new Onan 4500 which is plenty.
If I have to I will have it put on a flatbed and take back to Forrest River to fix it. I have no intentions of selling because, it's paid for and regardless of the cost, it beats a note to pay and the one you have is better than one you don't know anything about. With RV's and seeing many of my dog friends with RV's. Things will happen as it's the NATURE OF THE BEAST, the RV!
Also I had gone to an RV show and walked into a Coachman and went to the one fight next to it exactly same floor plan but it looked twice as big! Why the second one had light color cabinets! Actually I am not going to white but a very light grey that has an antique finish. Any ideas of who can repair and fix the overhead cab and put a leakproof roof that can guaranteed, then just email me peja53@icloud.com. I am located in middle Tennessee so unless I put it on a flat bed and head to Elkhart, In. I hope to find a person that really knows what they are doing and can guarantee their work.
PeJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #45

There are companies that do that work. I would start with RVroof.com. They have several outlets that may be able to repair your roof.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:58 PM   #46

Not too convenient but will check around. I deal with Cullum and Maxey in Nashville but they really don't want to deal with it. I don't want to get rid of it but I have to save up on disability to fix. [/U]
Old 05-31-2017, 06:53 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtrev View Post
2 - Fan-tastic Fans with Vent Covers - Seriously you could ALMOST replace the AC with these things. - Easily the best mod on my list

520 Watt Solar - 40A Controller - With moderate sunlight it can easily run all my 12-volt appliances without touching the batteries.

Upgraded to 4 Group 27 Deep Cycle Batteries

12V - 24" Bedroom LED TV

ESI Cam With Magnetic Base to use as Rear View Cam while driving and backing up. I use 2 elastic bands and attach my phone to the rear view mirror.

Motor-home came with several 12V USB Charging stations so not technically a mod but a must have.
On the batteries.....
Where were yours located and did you keep them in the same location or move them? I'm assuming you had 2 and upgraded to 4? We'd love to do the same but ours are located under the entry step and not sure how to expand. Thanks!
kmergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:25 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmergen View Post
On the batteries.....
Where were yours located and did you keep them in the same location or move them? I'm assuming you had 2 and upgraded to 4? We'd love to do the same but ours are located under the entry step and not sure how to expand. Thanks!
Yeah there was just enough room for 4 group 27 in the battery box in the step. No modification needed for us. Not enough height for 6volt unfortunately. Failing that you could put 3 group 31's by rotating the batteries 90 degrees.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Box.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	139637  
Old 06-01-2017, 06:58 AM   #49
2015 Sunseeker 2300

we added Lexon to the screen door making it a storm door..a swivel base to the passenger seat giving more seating (we have a 2300) a 1/2 moon cutting board for the sink so I have extra counter space and can still use the sink and a small refrigerator in the back we have 2015 Sunseeker 2300 I will be glad to send you pictures but for some reason I cannot post them here gingsnap@hotmail.com
Gingsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:41 AM   #50

Sure always interested in updating mine and I have got to do a whole front over cab as I paid a guy 4300.00 and he made a bigger mess then had buy a. Cover and it's ok but keeps the rain out.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:56 AM   #51

Switching Sofa to Recliners

one thing I'm interested in is replacing our fold-out queen bed sofa for recliners. When opened and inflated the sofa takes over all living space. It's just the DW and me, so don't need extra sleepers.

Plus, the sofa is too short to lie on when closed, so why not get recliners? 😉 Just started considering this, so need to start searching past threads. I'm sure someone has already done this one. Just gotta find them.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #52
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexisc View Post
I did notice on my test drive that I had to fight a bit to stay straight in my lane. I'm sure it'll be even more challenging when I'm towing. Did you install the roadmaster yourself?
I am so sorry I didn't respond to this WAY earlier. Yes, I installed the Roadmaster myself, as well as the Blue Ox rear sway and track bar. I had lots of help from my mentor, who shall remain anonymous. 🤐

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 09-02-2017, 03:09 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Haul View Post
one thing I'm interested in is replacing our fold-out queen bed sofa for recliners. When opened and inflated the sofa takes over all living space. It's just the DW and me, so don't need extra sleepers.

Plus, the sofa is too short to lie on when closed, so why not get recliners? 😉 Just started considering this, so need to start searching past threads. I'm sure someone has already done this one. Just gotta find them.
In addition to 2 recliners, (Lazyboy) we have a Sunseeker 3010, I screwed a 5/8" sheet of plywood over the carpeted raised area where the jack knife sofa was and lengthened it by 6" to give more room for the recliners to sit on. I stapled new carpet onto the plywood. We use the existing seat belts to secure the recliners while traveling and then are able to move them where ever we want while camping. Works really well.
brydle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:28 PM   #54
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brydle604 View Post
In addition to 2 recliners, (Lazyboy) we have a Sunseeker 3010, I screwed a 5/8" sheet of plywood over the carpeted raised area where the jack knife sofa was and lengthened it by 6" to give more room for the recliners to sit on. I stapled new carpet onto the plywood. We use the existing seat belts to secure the recliners while traveling and then are able to move them where ever we want while camping. Works really well.
DW thinks we need to make this mod now. She's not comfortable on the sofa. I've been given my marching orders - research this! 🤔

2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
Old 09-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #55

well, if I was you....

Today we EternaBond taped the majority of the roof. Never had a roof leaked but now that we put the tape down I wished I had did it day one. It was 80 degrees with low humitidy but it still installs like hot gum on a peel and stick roll. Took 3 hours, mostly cleaning, that would not have been as time consuming if new. Any future new unit will get it asap when new. Sorry but the pic is from the office window thur a screen.

Makes the roof dirty, guess what DW will want to do....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170902_161900.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	150437  
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:44 AM   #56

Major Update

My 99 Class C is ready for 1st a reconstruction of the front over the cab as it is going to be rebuilt and fixed for the guy that I paid a lot to made it worse!
Then my next plan is to put a new Onan Generator in it to replace the 5.5 Genrac. It's overkill for no more than this RV at 26' needs. The Genrac needs a new starter and plan to have them put it on a pallet and sale. It depends on the cost to put the starter in but figure if I can get 500.00, I will be happy.
My last project will be antiquing the cabinets and painting the interior.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #57

Go rid of the rattle, rattle, rattle, of the 12 volt water pump.

I added an accumulator tank to my water system. No more rattle and you can even flush the toilet without the pump coming on. total expense was around $50, a cheap price for peace and quiet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

make sure you order these also. makes installation much easier.

You can add this pretty much anywhere in the cold water line prior to it feeding the hot water tank. I have an MBS2400WS and installed it in the little cubby at the rear next to the bed. I tied it into the city water connection line. I cut the nylon hose and used hose clamps to do the install. I also made a stand out of a piece of sheet metal to secure it in place.

Hope this is of some help
Sunseeker24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, sunseeker