Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #1

Where is the fresh water tank?

I have a 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400RSD with two slides, dinette and rear bed. I would like to know where the fresh water tank is located. A friend of mine with a Winnebago View cut a door opening so he has a visual look at his fresh water tank instead of relying on the panel lights. This is very useful when boondocking. While I'm at it, where is the Gray water tank?
brucebollert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebollert View Post
I have a 2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400RSD with two slides, dinette and rear bed. I would like to know where the fresh water tank is located. A friend of mine with a Winnebago View cut a door opening so he has a visual look at his fresh water tank instead of relying on the panel lights. This is very useful when boondocking. While I'm at it, where is the Gray water tank?
Gray water is under the RV. follow the 3" drain pipe back to a 11/2" pipe than to the tank.

Freshwater Should be under the bed.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:29 PM   #3

Water tank location on a Sunseeker 3050S

I have exactly the same situation with a fairly new Sunseeker 3050S....

Where exactly is the fresh water tank on a 3050S?

Anyone try to put in a viewing window yet?

I MUST be able to visually see the water level in the tank, mostly to see water useage when camping, and when waiting for it to fill.

THANKS for the help.

Steve
Oldbyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #4

Usage would be nice to monitor, but when I fill...when the water comes out the "Overflow tube" I know the tank is full.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbyker View Post

I MUST be able to visually see the water level in the tank, mostly to see water useage when camping, and when waiting for it to fill.

THANKS for the help.

Steve
The fresh water tank can be accessed by opening the large rear storage compartment on the passanger side. If you remove the side panel (the one with the light on it) on the right it sits right there. Just below and forward of the tank gravity fill.

The side panel is held in by a few screws and as with most everything else staples.

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #6

Thanks

Thank you Steve-W
Steve C
Old 04-19-2019, 11:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbyker View Post

THANKS for the help.

Steve
Probably been done but I have never seen or heard of a viewing window in a FW tank. The only view is water coming out of the overflow/vent tube when the tank is full.

There are a lot of complaints about level indicators being worthless. Most work OK for FW since there’s not supposed to be debris in the tank to mess with the sensors. I know that as soon as my gauge says zero there is exactly six gallons of water remaining.
Old 04-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Probably been done but I have never seen or heard of a viewing window in a FW tank. The only view is water coming out of the overflow/vent tube when the tank is full.

There are a lot of complaints about level indicators being worthless. Most work OK for FW since there’s not supposed to be debris in the tank to mess with the sensors. I know that as soon as my gauge says zero there is exactly six gallons of water remaining.
I've had two different campers that had a 'viewing window' or level indicator on the fresh tank.

One was nothing more than a rectangle cut in the panel next to the water tank and was trimmed out nicely.

The other was simply a port at the top of the tank and a port at the bottom of the tank, with a clear hose in between. The hose was visible from inside the camper.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:30 AM   #9

Viewing fresh water tank SOLVED

The simple solution was to remove the panel covering the fresh water tank and make into a hinged door. Open the door (assuming the compartment isn't so packed full) and look at the tank. I added a scale for reading gallons remaining. I had to stretch the wires to the light, and since I was in electrician mode, also added a 12v outlet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel hiding fresh water tank.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	206882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water tank with panel opened.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	323.4 KB
ID:	206883  
Old 06-10-2019, 06:07 AM   #10

Simple solution to solve your needs. Looks good. Now if you want to get fancy install a sea level gauge on that tank! It never ends

2021 Newmar Baystar 3401
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk toad
2017.5 Forester 3051S Traded 7/2020
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, saunseeker, sunseeker, tank, water, water tank