Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2014, 08:51 PM   #1

Where is the main power connection in a 3100SS?

I am building a 20 x 60 detached garage that will house my toys and a future 3100SS that will be in one of two locations within the garage (depending on the time of year). I need to find the optimum location for the 30 amp receptacle. Could someone with a 3100SS tell me the distance between the power connection and the back of the 32 foot RV? I can't find any literature with this information. Thanks in advance.
crazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #2

Shore power on my 2014 is in the drivers side compartment just behind the rear wheel...same compartment as the sewer connection. If I had to guess...6 feet forward of the rear bumper? It's at the dealer having some work done so I can't actually measure....
rad_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

The shore line (power cord) on the 3100 will extend about 25 feet from the utility compartment which is, as stated above, about 6 or 7 feet from the rear bumper. Mine reaches almost to the front bumper.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:26 PM   #4

Thank you. I just got my building permit for the garage and the project will get started around the first or second week in September. I will probably drop a conduit beneath the slab from the main panel to the receptacle since it will be a much shorter run versus overhead.
crazn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3100ss, power