Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #11

Here is what you need to do to get antifreeze in. Buy (at camping world or other RV store) a winterizing kit. The pictures show my water pump before and after installation of the kit. A hose (included) attaches to the brass valve after removing the cap and goes into a jug of antifreeze. Turn the valve on the kit and run the pump drawing from the jug instead of the water tank.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1388372232.899718.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	44271Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1388372271.197838.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	44272

Old 12-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
Here is what you need to do to get antifreeze in. Buy (at camping world or other RV store) a winterizing kit. The pictures show my water pump before and after installation of the kit. A hose (included) attaches to the brass valve after removing the cap and goes into a jug of antifreeze. Turn the valve on the kit and run the pump drawing from the jug instead of the water tank.Attachment 44271Attachment 44272
This is a Very (Reduced) flow mod. The Diameter thru the valve is 1/2 the size of the (Smaller Drill bit shown). The (Larger drill bit shown) is the Factory supply line ID. If you like (Less Flow) place one of these (Valve kits) on the supply side of your Pump! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002 (5).jpg
Views:	54
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	44276   Click image for larger version

Name:	003 (5).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	44277   Click image for larger version

Name:	005 (4).jpg
Views:	55
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	44278  

Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #13
GM

I've asked for the winterizing kit to be made a standard part of the build.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
This is a Very (Reduced) flow mod. The Diameter thru the valve is 1/2 the size of the (Smaller Drill bit shown). The (Larger drill bit shown) is the Factory supply line ID. If you like (Less Flow) place one of these (Valve kits) on the supply side of your Pump! Youroo!!
This would be true if the pump is a centrifugal type. However I think the pump is a positive displacement type pulling through an oversized line. Thus the valve restriction should have a minimal or small impact on normal pump flow. I didn't notice a difference when I installed one of these kits.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
This would be true if the pump is a centrifugal type. However I think the pump is a positive displacement type pulling through an oversized line. Thus the valve restriction should have a minimal or small impact on normal pump flow. I didn't notice a difference when I installed one of these kits.
There is only (1) suction inlet line to the pump,that also has to flow thru the (diverter valve). Where is this (Oversized line) you speak of attach to the pump? Youroo!!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
There is only (1) suction inlet line to the pump,that also has to flow thru the (diverter valve). Where is this (Oversized line) you speak of attach to the pump? Youroo!!
What I'm saying is the factory line to the pump suction is larger than the pump needs to pump normal full flow.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #17

I have noticed no problem with flow since installing the valve. First season didn't have it--this past season did have it. No issue with adequate water flow.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #18

Thanks for the additional tips. Will investigate getting the kit installed. In my defense, our unit's manual's instructions on winterizing specifically say to do so by putting the antifreeze in the water tank. We were trying to avoid that by doing as was suggested on several posts (I spent about 3 hours reading the board before posting in the first place). Unfortunately, we did not know our unit was not set up to avoid putting the antifreeze in the tank. Now that I know we can have something installed, we'll do just that.
In the meantime, we do know how to clean out and sanitize our water tank, so that won't be a problem in the spring.
Thanks, everyone, again for always being helpful in our most boneheaded times of need!

Tags
3170, pump, water, water pump