Old 04-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #1

Where to drill? Sunseeker 2300

Hi folks, Teaman here. I am thinking about running some extra (auxiliary) wires to the outside storage bays of the coach. Need to drill out someplace handy but out of sight, a 1 1/4 inch hole to run an extra 110 vac cord, Ethernet cable and a coax cable. The wooden bed platform might be a good place (in the corners somewhere). Or maybe somewhere inside the cabinet or drawer spaces thru the floor?

Has anyone successfully done something like this? Let me know where you drilled your access hole.

I don't want to drill in and damage something important.

Teaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:05 PM   #2

adding lines

I added 110 to my 2300 to power our ice maker that is in the center bay. See my album pic under misc on page 2. I unscrewed the bed platform and ran the cable down the wall beside the water tank. I glued a back plate to the paneling to mount the 11 box to.

With power in the rear bay I ran a line from the water pump bay above and across the coach frame to the sewer bay, came thur the light fixture to the rear bay. I now run a heat lamp in the water pump bay during freezing camping trips. While you have the bed open check your overflow water line as the clamp on mine was not just loose but was unsecure. I also opened up the vent hole for the ac/dc fan and put a mouse screen over it. Fam moves a lot more air now.

Hope this helps.... PM me if you want..

L'IL Foot" 2014 Sunseeker 2300
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:43 AM   #3

Thanks Hoglou. Good tip.

Funny thing - you mentioned heat lamp for water filter bay. My water filter froze and busted in January freeze. I had not thought about compartment not being insulated. I was not using gas heat, but was using thermostat controlled electric space heater inside coach. So, I now have a little electric space heater installed inside water filter bay too. (one of those 250 Watt Walmart space heaters).

I ran a spare 110 Volt cord up thru the drain hole into the water filter bay. I drilled out the screw-on drain cap to run the temporary power cord. That is where I was trying to figure out how to get access into the coach, maybe up thru the bed panel floor over the water filter area...
Old 04-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #4

bay to bay

If you take the plastic back panel off in the water bay you can see over to the sewer bay. This allows you to fish a line over the frame btw the two.. Take a look at my water pics as I deleted the half gallon filter and went to a white external, also added a hot water valve.. Everything is 1/2 pex is you mod water parts.

"If it ain't broke, upgrade it"
L'IL Foot" 2014 Sunseeker 2300
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Check out the "mods" in the albums
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #5

Teaman here. Thanks Hoglou for all the info. I finely got around to lifting that plywood bed/mattress base and saw what you were talking about. I found where to run my extra wire cables, I drilled a small 1 inch hole in the corner of the plywood bed base and another small 1 inch hole in the rear storage compartment panel where it was clear of any obstructions. Now I can tap into outside signals from the bedroom wall TV area down thru and out of the rear compartment when needed.

Tags
sunseeker