Old 04-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #31
Originally Posted by Total Loss View Post
I keep that posted on my desktop for work.
I get that all the time- "This or that will void the warranty"

This law may change in the future as electronics and computer sophistication continues to get more complex on vehicles that manufacturers will use proprietary software. This is already showing up on high end vehicles. Eventually it will trickle down to everything.
Then you will be tied to the "dealer" network...many of whom don't know how to fix these cars either. No competition will be a huge loss for the consumer.

We need to quit demanding more and more "gadgets" in vehicles and the govt needs to quit demanding more "safety" items in cars or we will doom ourselves to be at someones mercy.
Seems to be the way the world is going...almost a freight train that cannot be stopped...or even slowed.
AI will change us...if not doom us.

Where are the most problems with RV's today?
In the electronics and modules that and ever increasing and often times drive us nuts.
Why can't I get a hand crank slideout?

2017 Dynamax REV 24RB

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:13 PM   #32
Technology not Gov. intervention has made the average (new) vehicle capable of 125/150k with no major issues and minimal regular maintenance. RVs on the other hand are thrown together pieces of ??. The customer does not have to go to the dealer to have their vehicle repaired/diagnosis after the warranty has expired. AC Delco/Motorcraft/Mopar ect have evening classes (through their aftermarket) distribution centers to teach what is new in regards to up dates for the private auto repair shops to learn more about what is new and what CD updates are available for those using computer programs.

2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:42 AM   #33
We just use the wonderful locally independent owners of our local oil/lube/repair shop. The bay's aren't tall enough, but we pull up to the bay door and they bring stuff out. It works great. We just love them.

Bob, Diane & Snoopy
2015 3050s Sunseeker
Santabobswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:10 PM   #34

It wasn't government that made Detroit wake up, it was competition.
If only the japanese or germans would start making RVs.

Now, back to the subject. I was in a rush once, and had Jiffy Lube change my oil for me. They cross threaded the bolt, and it leaked forever after. I've always done them myself since then. They tend to forget to put the washers back too. It is hard to find good help apparently.
mnoland30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #35
I was able to get the oil changed myself today. I used a 1/2" socket wrench to break the drain plug loose at camp last weekend. I was worried the filter would be overly tight but it wasn't. So an hour or so and I had the change complete. I used Mobil 1 5w20 full synthetic if anyone is curious.

2014 Sunseeker 2860DS
gmacklem is online now   Reply With Quote