Old 05-09-2016, 11:42 AM   #11
Webber for sure. Have had one in our RV for 6 years and just bought a Larger one for home this year. His in art has good reviews but from experience it's always Webber for me.

Filterman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:49 AM   #12
Another vote for the Weber Q grill. Had ours for 3 years. Modified it to work with a 20 lb. tank. Works great and plenty of flame adjustment. Also never have any grease flare up. Friend that we camp with purchased a Coleman Roadmate, saw him pouring water in the bottom of his to prevent the flare up .

2012 Wildcat 313RE
2004 Chevy 2500HD 4D longbed
"Best money we ever wasted"
DRM796 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #13
RV grill

I purchased a Camco Olympian stainless gas grill some time back and have been happy with it's even heating and ease of use.
DocRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #14
After many years and many different type, I have settled on the Weber Q2200. it seems to be a good balance of size, features and with superior quality

This past weekend I modified the swing away BBQ mount that came with my new trailer this year to hold the Weber Q and thus reduce my setup time and all the other parts seem to need to be loaded and unloaded.
Jeff from Burlington Ont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:19 PM   #15
Webber you can't go wrong on - traveling or as a home grill. Little pricey, bu they seem to last.

I opted for a different option, sold the grill that came with my TT and purchased a Tailgater Combo from Camp Chef. For a few bucks more I bought the adapter line to use the gas output right off my camper. The grill still allows packets for wood chips for smoke flavor, cooks pretty even, surface is large enough for 4-6 good sized burgers at a time.

The flat top griddle has turned out to be the surprise for me - Cooked pancakes, omelets, bacon, burgers get that crispy edge like bar burgers) Even did a full on stir fry with chicken and shrimp this weekend.

It is all cast iron, so you have to maintain it a little, but cleanup is simple, spray, wipe it down, and thin coat of oil to keep it seasoned like grandmas cast iron skillet.

Stygshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #16
Weber Q
2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #17
Weber Q here too...mine is 8 years old now. I just gave it a heavy duty cleaning, repaint and replaced the ignitor. Thats the only thing that I've needed to do with it in 8 years, and I suspect its the only thing I'll need to do to it in the next 8. It's built to last, and by far the best grill I've ever owned. I could have upgraded to a new unit this last winter for under $150 because a local ACE was running a special, but there was nothing wrong with my current one that justified spending all that money and getting rid of a perfectly good grill too!

I also plumbed it into the quick connect for the camper. I removed the regulator and put the quick connect Male on the grill. I also put a quick connect female back on the regulator so I can put it back on and use it elsewhere with 1lb bottles when I want.
2016 Grey Wolf 26DBH following a 2014 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman

Life is good...Live it!
(2014) Nights Camped - 16 in 6 trips (2015) Nights Camped - 20 in 6 trips
(2016) Nights Camped - 21 in 7 trips
Winter :'(
JustB_Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #18
I have a newer Weber baby Q(blue) now. I used to have a Camco Olympian cast metal grill. IT was nice and I used for the last 12 years. BUT wanted something different and better. The baby Q was it. I got it for fathers day last year a gift to myself with wife's blessing.
I did do the quick connect change out so that I can use the on board propane hookups. This was a nice added feature. BUT I can only use this grill once I am hooked up to my on board propane as the regulator is now gone on the grill. I saved all the parts but it would be a pain to redo every thing to run propane bottle again. IF I can figure out a way to use a 20lb tank with out regulator I will do that if need be.
After viewing this thread weber seems to be the direction to go in.
Camp On!
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #19
I found a grill very similar to that shown by Garrette above, however, it hooks up to large gas tanks which I love so we don't run out while cooking. Found the grill at Sam's club for around $100. It works great and easy to clean. With it's smaller size It stows away real nice. I really like this one.
OKpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:01 PM   #20
I am happy with my Stok Gridiron. Cost less than $100 on sale and fits nicely in my pass through storage area. Later RJD

Later RJD is offline   Reply With Quote