Old 05-10-2016, 12:33 PM   #31

Congrats on the coach! I got the factory grill and gave it to my kids for their 5er. I went with one like Garrett due to storage. The factory unit took a third of our rear bay. Now the grill item fits in the water bay with next to an outdoor fan (we swap the fan for a oil heater in that space for cold weather flights). I suggest you find homes for everything and determine how big you can fit in the alloted space. As we have a 2300 we pack like a space shuttle, but we carry about everything a grown boy would want to support the mission....

X2 on the power protection.

Consider getting a 4 pack (lowes, home d) of matched key padlocks (key numbers on the back of the master lock package for multi packs), nice to have a single key. Yes, I do lock up my power protection as we do over night side trips while camping.

"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 PM   #32

I threw away the grill that came with our 21FBRS and bought the Richman Traveler at Costco. Built like a tank, all quality stainless and cooks good, no actually great! The only problem it that it is quite heavy, over 50#, and somewhat large. Will not fit in our storage area.
I think we will use it on our deck and purchase the Napoleon TravelPro 285.
Less than 30#, about 2/3 the grill area, and smaller overall, more suitable for RV life. Those that have them rave about their cooking ability, most say better than Webber Q 2200...and that's saying a lot!. I don't know about the other 285 models, and only have had excellent reports on the PRO285.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:08 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKpete View Post
I found a grill very similar to that shown by Garrette above, however, it hooks up to large gas tanks which I love so we don't run out while cooking. Found the grill at Sam's club for around $100. It works great and easy to clean. With it's smaller size It stows away real nice. I really like this one.
I have the same grill. What I like about it is 20,000 BTU and gets the job done. It is $99 from Samsclub: Member's Mark Portable Stainless Steel Gas Grill - Sam's Club

I even use one at home and am very happy with it.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:31 PM   #34

I like our Cuisinart CGG-306, 2 burner 20k btu's.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsiesAtHeart2016 View Post
I like our Cuisinart CGG-306, 2 burner 20k btu's.
Looks like a clone, except for temp gauge, of the 99 buck Sams Club one I use. 20k BTU is awesome! I would not use a grill with less heat output.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:45 AM   #36

I have a Webber Q and hate it, it doesn't get hot enough. We like to make pizza on the grill and you can't do that with the Q. I have a Webber Genesis at home and love that and just assumed the Q was of the same quality but I was wrong. I was looking at the one at SAMs and it looks great for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-11-2016, 05:48 AM   #37

Wow! A lot to consider. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated. Can someone explain the surge protector or should I start a new topic? Don't want to break any rules. 😁
Old 05-11-2016, 06:36 AM   #38

This is the first grill thread I've ever read that wasn't overwhelmingly in favor of the Q.

tragusa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 12:46 PM   #39

Search above using "progressive". I use the 30 amp portable ems and dont hook up without it.... take look at my album for pic of lock.
"Harry" the JK toad in the mirror
Hoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:49 PM   #40

I also threw away the grill that came with my 2860ds. It was junk. I use a 2 bur eric.richmond@penske.com camp chef stove with cast iron pots and fry pans. I am a chef and feel meat cooks better in a cast iron pan. Also if you ha e slides figure out how to make manually retract them and what size socket you need to do it. Super important