Old 03-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
which is the best road side asistance to get.

hello again everyone ,just wanted to thank you all again for all the great info on vegas. it was very helpful.
Now for our next dilemma, not sure which road side assistance would be better. Need one good for Canada and the USA . we had coach-net, but let it expire last year. I see lots of good sam advertisements and thought maybe they are more recognized. Any thoughts on either one of these ore any other road sides for rv;s would be greatly appreciated. happy camping everyone.
ps. just had another 15 centimetres of snow so there is no rush. can verily see the motorhome in the back yard.

Happyholidayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
I have AAA RV.

MikeRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
Originally Posted by MikeRP View Post
I have AAA RV.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Had been with Allstate/KOA for over 15 years. Had to have a Class A motorhome towed got authorization to have the tow, but I had to pay in advance. I was told I would be reimbursed but never received the reimbursement. Ended up costing me just under $1,000 out of pocket.

Second time I tried to use them for a tire issue and they let me down once again. I am now with Good Sam, have used them one time and it went perfect.
2013 Ford F350 FX4 4x4 PSD
2013 Wildcat 353LS

2015 Day/Nights Camped 5
2014 Day/Nights Camped 29
jonrjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
BamaGanza FROG Promoter
I have Good Sam (then again I am a lifetime member )
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:15 PM   #6
thank you guys, never thought of AAA . sounds like good Sam or AAA is the way to go. This is such a good forum love reading the different threads.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #7
I have had horrible problems with AAA, lost serious money. Good Sam is the best. AAA is not one thing, it is a big bunch if separate things and they each have their own rules. I live near Rochester NY and had an accident near Cheyenne, WY. Months of lies later they would not pay the hotel bill because we checked in at 12:15 am and out at 7:30 to find someone to fix the car. Because we checked in before midnight and out in less than 8hours, no money for trip interruption. Rochester said they would have paid but hey had to go by the local rules where the incident was. Also they wanted to leave the small trailer on the roadside because they did not cover it. Fortunately the tow truck guy put it on his flatbed for no more money.

I have never been treated by any company as badly as I have by AAA!
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #8
My 2 cents. Only two Emergency Roadside Services are designed for and dedicated to the RVer, Coach-Net and Good Sam ERS. Back in 2008 when my truck broke down on I-70 in Colorado Good Sam ERS found a shop that could repair my truck and additionally they found a place to set up our trailer while the truck was being repaired.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #9
one thing to keep in mind is that neither Good Sam, AAA, Coach-Net, etc, owns a tow truck. They all have towing services as "members" to help them provide their service. These "members" have a long list of criteria to meet, but doesn't mean they are going to follow the rules 100%. That is why you will hear good and bad stories about all of them.
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
thank you for your input everyone. Enconcapt thank you for sharing you experience with AAA. tried to check AAA;s web sight and couldn't get on, it wanted my zip code. I'm in Canada, only a postal code. I think I will give GOOD SAM a try. They seem like there set up good for both Canada and the USA.