Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

Which way does the mattress go?

I'm on my 4th Sunseeker. LOVE THEM! However, I have issues with the mattresses. The mattresses in each Sunseeker have rounded corners on one side, and square corners on the other side. Ok, which way SHOULD the mattress go?

To me, the "rounded" corners should be at the foot of the bed and the square corners at the head. This gives a smidge more room on "walk around" beds. Yet, the "Square" corners are always layed at the foot, with the round at the head. It's cumbersome to turn it around.

Which way is it SUPPOSED to go?

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #2

"To me, the "rounded" corners should be at the foot of the bed and the square corners at the head. This gives a smidge more room on "walk around" beds."
Too mee too

Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #3

I agree with Twisty, seems logical.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #4

Mine was delivered with the rounded corners at the foot of the bed which makes sense to me. At least with the serta upgrade, the rounded corners are so much so that the original bedspread doesn't fit that well due it being more squared off. I have always had problems with short RV beds where the blankets and spread always want to work off the end of the bed while sleeping. I fixed it by attaching a short bedpost to the plywood base corners which are exposed past the matrice rounded corners and tucking the bedding at night between the matrice and the post. No more slipping of the bedding. During the day, (the post which is only as long as the top of the matrice) the post squares up the corner and the factory spread fits better.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #5
GM

Corner bed type floor plans (2450, 2300) should have the radius at the foot of the bed. That seems to be a tighter aisle way and you need the space (bed base is designed with a radius just like the standard foam mattress).

On an Island queen we normally put the radius at the top (since you don't miss it up there), since you may want the full width at the foot of the bed. Our normal mattress is "square" so the bed base is "square" on an Island queen. If you get a Serta (the bottom has a slight radius and bed base corners (just the tips) stick out. If you really want the radius at the bottom on an Island Queen you would need to move the Serta down from the wall about 2" to cover the whole bed base.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Love My Sunseeker

I will agree, that is the DISADVANTAGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVer View Post
Mine was delivered with the rounded corners at the foot of the bed which makes sense to me. At least with the serta upgrade, the rounded corners are so much so that the original bedspread doesn't fit that well due it being more squared off. I have always had problems with short RV beds where the blankets and spread always want to work off the end of the bed while sleeping. I fixed it by attaching a short bedpost to the plywood base corners which are exposed past the matrice rounded corners and tucking the bedding at night between the matrice and the post. No more slipping of the bedding. During the day, (the post which is only as long as the top of the matrice) the post squares up the corner and the factory spread fits better.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote