Old 11-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #21

Brand new trailer in 2013, so I covered it; NE Ohio Snow belt area. 1/2 of the trailers in our camp ground are covered, 1/2 are not. the difference the covered ones are much cleaner lookingf and have little spring maintenance. That means more time for Beer!, I mean spending time with DW!......coming dear.....(sigh)..........

Old 11-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 01 View Post
Brand new trailer in 2013, so I covered it; NE Ohio Snow belt area. 1/2 of the trailers in our camp ground are covered, 1/2 are not. the difference the covered ones are much cleaner lookingf and have little spring maintenance. That means more time for Beer!, I mean spending time with DW!......coming dear.....(sigh)..........
Man up ...Its beer here dear... gotta go here she comes..LOL

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #23
RV Nomad

First winter with our 2013 Sunseeker, I too am in the NE Ohio snowbelt, so I opted for a cover also. I am running a dehumidifier inside, as well as some damprid, humidity is running 50-60% so far. We had the high winds roll thru here, cover didn't flinch. So far, I'm happy with it. I did remove all the cushions and mattresses, put them in large plastic bags, and store them in my basement. They should be dry, odorless and dust free in the spring, no worries of mildew growing on them.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
Site Team

We had 75 mph winds here over the weekend. If you saw the news there was numerous tornado, hail and very high winds all day. My cover did move around a little as its not a custom fit. Both the front and back of the unit came un-tucked. Other then that it held up fine. Ill have to do something better for tucking in the extra slack in the cover. But then again not sure anything could of stood up to such high winds that we had here.
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #25

Winter south of Iowa line probably 4 months downtime=8 months potential up-time. Up-time not covered downtime covered? Downtime, cold, low humidity short periods of sunlight exposure. Up-time, sunlight as much as 15 hours, rain, Spring storms, no cover.
Not to mention dust, pollen etc. are more prevalent in the up-time period. Cover came with the rv and it is still in the bag.
jmho
Old 11-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
But the shed isn't covered? Hope the house is tarped to prevent winter damage. Seriously??
Yes.... Seriously!!!! This is why all my equipment still looks new... 06 Jeep Commander Hemi looks Factory new... 02 Dodge Durango still looks great... The sun will beat a vehicle, MH and TT down quickly. The only reason it is not in that garage is the door height. That will be the spring project.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:17 PM   #27

When covered in the winter should the ceiling vents be left open for air circulation?

Sent by Forest River Forums
Old 10-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrie View Post
When covered in the winter should the ceiling vents be left open for air circulation?

Sent by Forest River Forums

I would keep it tightly shut and put a couple buckets of moisture absorber inside. You can get them at Walmart. If you want to vent use some windows since snow loading on the cover would probably break the vents if open.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #29

Dealers don't cover and a cover wouldn't last with the wind I get. Even if I did cover would have to shovel off, by the end of winter we can get upward of 7 ft. Some storms dump 3ft at a time, the area I live in has been given the name Snowtown USA. Can't wait till next year when I can retire and at least go south for the winter.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #30

We Don'T Use A Cover

We live in western NY & never cover our 3010. Covers don't last and are expensive.
My thought is we don't cover our house in the winter, why cover the RV. Both are built to withstand the elements. Just a good wash and wax job protects the paint. Same as driving your car in the winter. I do however exercise the genny and engine once a month. As for snow load, the weight is there with or without the cover. Our dealer has a multi- million dollar inventory parked outside all winter long, and no covers. I doubt they would jeopardize hundreds of motorhomes if the rigs couldn't stand up to winter.