Old 07-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #1

Wireless Headphones for TV

I would like to get some wireless headphones to use with the main TV in my 2015 3010DS. What I am looking for is something that would allow the TV audio to get to up to 4 sets of wireless headphones, each with individual volume control on the headset.

This would only be for the TV (Jensen, if that matters). when playing DVDs. Not needed for radio, IPOD, etc.

I've done some basic research but am curious if anyone has done this, how it worked, and what equipment you are using.

Thanks!

Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #2

I bought a set of two wireless headphones from Walmart.com for $12 and had them shipped to my nearest store for free. They were easy to set up and work great with the Jensen TV and with DVDs. Each headphone has its own volume control and the included transmitter (which plugs into the TV and sends out the wireless signal) can be paired with as many headphones as you want. The Walmart link is below as well as a picture of the box. Hope this helps!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405459964.912534.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	858.1 KB
ID:	58245

Walmart link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-Wir...itter/22789489

Old 07-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMezzoprete View Post
I bought a set of two wireless headphones from Walmart.com for $12 and had them shipped to my nearest store for free. They were easy to set up and work great with the Jensen TV and with DVDs. Each headphone has its own volume control and the included transmitter (which plugs into the TV and sends out the wireless signal) can be paired with as many headphones as you want. The Walmart link is below as well as a picture of the box. Hope this helps!Attachment 58245

Walmart link: Ematic Wireless Headphones and Transmitter - Walmart.com
Thanks very much! That is exactly what I had in mind and I like the simplicity of it. Some of the things I was looking at seemed like overkill (and over$$$$) for all the more I wanted to do. I am going to order these today. Thanks again!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 AM   #4

No problem! The instructions for setting up the headphones were sort of tricky at first, but having some experience with electronics I was able to figure it out. Let me know if you have any questions on how to set them up...
Old 09-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #5

Hi there.

I know it's been a while but we just recent got the chance to try the headphone. But no luck on getting the sound.

The audio out ports on my tv were already in use (I assume to the overhead speakers?). so I got a splitter for those to plug in both the original cables and those to the transmitter for the headphones. No luck in getting anything from the tv or DVD.

Am I hooking them up wrong or Is there some setting I need to change

Thanks!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
Hi there.

I know it's been a while but we just recent got the chance to try the headphone. But no luck on getting the sound.

The audio out ports on my tv were already in use (I assume to the overhead speakers?). so I got a splitter for those to plug in both the original cables and those to the transmitter for the headphones. No luck in getting anything from the tv or DVD.

Am I hooking them up wrong or Is there some setting I need to change

Thanks!!!

Hey jrwalkerpa,

Did you either put batteries in the transmitter or plug it in to the USB port on the tv for power? The red light on the transmitter should be on when in use. Do you have the transmitter set on the right mode (just slide the switch up one position to something like 'wireless')? Once the transmitter is powered on and in the wireless mode, make sure the headphones are on and press the two buttons on each headset at the same time and that should connect the headsets to the transmitter and the sound should be working. Whenever I use the headphones I unplug the original audio cables and just plug them back in when I'm done, so try that. If they still don't work, something must not be working right or the headphones are faulty. Let me know what happens. Good luck!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #7

Thanks for getting back to me. I believe we did everything you mentioned except pushing the two buttons on the headset at the same time. I will try that tommorrow and also remove the splitter. If that doesn't work.

I did get 3 sets do I can try another one as well

Will let you know the outcome. Thanks again for your help !
Old 09-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #8

Hi there.

Success! The part I missed was pushing the two buttons on the headsets to sync up with the transmitter. Works perfectly now.

Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!!
Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalkerpa1 View Post
Hi there.

Success! The part I missed was pushing the two buttons on the headsets to sync up with the transmitter. Works perfectly now.

Thanks again for your help! Much appreciated!!

No problem! Glad you were able to get it to work.