Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #1

Wiring question for Brian Clemens

Brian,

I have 2014 3050S. How would I go about running cables from inside unit to outside TV space? Is there access to the existing pass through from behind the couch?

I want to run set of RGB cables from satellite receiver to the tv for HD picture.

Thanks!

Wes
Old 06-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I doubt it. I'll double check, but some of that is in the wall. best bet is to run a wire mold/chase along the wall. Some mfg.'s actually do that during the initial build. I'll have to check on the line tomorrow where those lines are run.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 09:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I doubt it. I'll double check, but some of that is in the wall. best bet is to run a wire mold/chase along the wall. Some mfg.'s actually do that during the initial build. I'll have to check on the line tomorrow where those lines are run.

Thanks Brian
Old 06-23-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Commercial Member

They tell me if you pull the outside left speaker you should be able to see where the wiring goes through the floor. I just saw a 3050 online with the sofa pulled. There is a black abs shroud that covers some wiring going into the wall.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #5

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #6

F.y.i for anyone else who reads this thread. There is no RGB connection on the outside TV (Jensen). Also, the black plastic cover that Brian spoke of is actually the cover over the backside of the outside radio, if you take that cover off you can get access to the backside of the radio. Otherwise, if you remove the left speaker you have access to the pass through from outside to underneath the couch, cables from outside do not go through the previously mentioned black PVC cover.

I have purchased a RGB and audio to hdmi converter and I will pass hdmi cable from under couch to outside tv compartment.

Tags
wiring