Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #1

WOW

I just noticed there's no kitchen drawers in the kitchen of my 2291!!!!!! I didn't notice when buying the thing. Where do people put silver wear knives etc.? What kind of thinking was that? Why didn't you just have a convection oven and put drawers where the oven is. Didn't realize I'd have to customize a brand new RV!

I wonder if the people who design RVs ever use one for a week? Evedince says they never set foot in one.

Any suggestions?
Bob Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Copeland View Post
Where do people put silver wear knives etc.?...Any suggestions?
Here is a nice caddy / table organizer I bought to keep everything together in our A-Frame. It will be moving in to our motor home when it arrives as it keeps everything organized and is very easy to carry out to a picnic table.
2021 F-150 4X2 SuperCrew Lariat 502A, 3.5L Powerboost Hybrid, 3.55 gears, Tow Technology Package, Tow Mirrors, 1,840# Cargo, 7,000# Tow, 7.2KW Pro Power, Sumo Springs, A.R.E. Z2 Topper

It is better to have too much truck than to have too much trailer.
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #3

i understand

Bob, that reminds me of the time we went to an RV show a couple of years ago and saw our current Surveyor 220 and just fell in love with it. So, we got a great deal and bought the thing, not realizing that the slide was out at the show and with the slide in you can't open the bathroom door. It's really no biggee and we have learned to live with it (the ceiling panelling too thin to support any kind of curtain or folding door to replace the solid one) but for my medical condition, that extra few minutes to stop, put out the slide a foot and a half to open the bathroom door has been really annoying. We love the trailer and intend to keep it for quite awhile but NEXT time we will look at the floor plan with the slide(s) closed! Happy Camping!!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport 25'
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #4

Not sure about your floor plan, but our 2300 has a drawer under the refrigerator where we keep silverware and other utensils. Drawer down low under the oven for pots and pans.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 07-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #5

I have drawers but can't get to them with slide closed, so I put silverware In caddy on table. Have to be able to spread mayo for sandwiches in transit! Also the large drawers under dinette seats are great for kitchen stuff.
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:24 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Copeland View Post
I just noticed there's no kitchen drawers in the kitchen of my 2291!!!!!! I didn't notice when buying the thing. Where do people put silver wear knives etc.? What kind of thinking was that? Why didn't you just have a convection oven and put drawers where the oven is. Didn't realize I'd have to customize a brand new RV!

I wonder if the people who design RVs ever use one for a week? Evedince says they never set foot in one.

Any suggestions?
Convection oven with drawer in place of oven is an option.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote