Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #21

If the sofa and dinette are across from each other I would keep them same color in a medium shade to brighten the area up. The stitching could be either darker or lighter since the color ( say browns, grey, toupe, etc ) is in a medium hue. The valences, baseboards could then pick up other colors in a more neutral pattern. This way the owners then decorate with own bedding, throw pillows, afghans, etc.
Cabinet color, I have had both light maple and dark cherry. I thought I wouldn't like the darker cabinets however they have grown on me.
Went to an RV show two weeks ago and wasn't thrilled with the new floor in the Sunseeker 3170. Very very gray. Didn't feel as warm as the floor in our 2013. Yes it looked like a wood floor however I would have picked a color for the floor to be a compliment to the cabinets not the only thing I saw while walking into the motorhome. It didn't let your eyes move around the motorhome , eyes kept being drawn downward.
Overall, half of us will like a design or color while the other half won't. If you stay with a medium hue in basic neutral colors you can't go wrong. Brighter colors with small prints will make the area look larger and easier to accessorize. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #22

DO NOT pot patterned fabric on couches and chairs. After sitting for awhile they get very irritating. IE: stuck in the unit because of a storm. Have maybe a grey/taupe with maybe a little darker rose/mauve accents in the fabric with grey leather....Most of the units have brown, brown and more brown...We are not camping in a cave....LOL
2011 Greywolf 26rl
nuisance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Here are some ideas. Notice in the one picture how the aqua makes the interior bright and the neutrals make the accents pop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a2.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	69202   Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	69204   Click image for larger version

Name:	motorhome-interior-design-grand-design-to-unveil-solitude-at-tampa-show-2400x1600.jpg
Views:	1204
Size:	388.1 KB
ID:	69205   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiffin-allegro-bus-interior-1-large.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	69206   Click image for larger version

Name:	tiffin-allegro-bus-interior-3.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	69207  

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:04 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Here are some ideas. Notice in the one picture how the aqua makes the interior bright and the neutrals make the accents pop.
I like the colors in pics 1 & 3. They seem homey and comfortable. The other colors are nice but I have shifted away from rich looking finishes. And I do like patterns provided they aren't too bold or strong.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

The one thing I do wish we could get away from are the hard window valences. Put in normal curtains on normal curtain rods so owners can change them if they choose to. I do also prefer a cloth or microfiber for the furniture but couldn't find a good pic.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:24 PM   #26

I like the neutral beige / taupe colour schemes as they are. You guys to a great job in that dept. We have a 2015 2700DS and the colour scheme we chose looks very rich. The cabinets look nicer than the ones in the kitchen of our house.

My #1 request would be an option for fabric on the couch and dinette instead of leather. We keep a blanket on the couch most of the time because nobody wants to sit / stick to the leather in shorts in the summer or likes the chill when it's cold at night.
jst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #27
Plain Old Member

I love solid colors. I recognize what looks like a Tiffin in what asquared posted. That's one thing I liked about our Tiffin, the solid colors. So easy to match custom items with a natural solid color, dark or light. Wood colors, I'd just say offer a dark and a light. Too many opinions on that. I love dark wood, like a deep cherry, some hate it. I also agree with asquared about the window valences. Everybody does that, so break the mold. Something a little more home like that is easy to change and customize. One thing I know we'll probably never see, but I'd like, is one solid color on the outside paint, like a vehicle. Everybody does the paint swirls. That's getting old. I only know a few affordable manf that will paint the motorhome whatever color you want, solid or multi color. I saw a strawberry red metallic class c a couple of years ago. Talk about stand out. Also saw solid silver, brown etc.

One of the biggest things we look at when buying a new RV, is what can I change, and how easy will it be. Our new SOB went under the knife right off the lot. Things were easy to change, add, customize etc to our liking. In saying that, I think the ability to personalize and customize to each owners liking is key. Keep it simple, solid and somewhat plain, then the buyer can do as he / she chooses. Don't most RVers do that?
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:14 AM   #28

What bigjohnd said keep it simple, we all customize them anyways, also on new rigs can't you have 4-5 options in all palettes to please most? Never purchased new so not sure how the choices go that route.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #29
Commercial Member

I think what I'll work from is just go solid leather on everything. Then the valances/pillows can be more colorful and bold. Pillows can be easily changed but can bring in a pop of color.

We'll offer one neutral fabric for people that want to sub that in on the sofa. We will always offer a cherry and a maple wood. In addition we'll have a light/beige leather, a medium gray and a darker brown. That should cover all our bases and let people adjust as necessary.

I've been looking at several different valance types...the problem is location. We can't really do curtains because of the limited space that we have, so a soft valance is really the best option. I'd love to do a rod and a grommeted valance, but again we don't have the height above the window to get that in and make it look right.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:31 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I think what I'll work from is just go solid leather on everything. Then the valances/pillows can be more colorful and bold. Pillows can be easily changed but can bring in a pop of color.

We'll offer one neutral fabric for people that want to sub that in on the sofa. We will always offer a cherry and a maple wood. In addition we'll have a light/beige leather, a medium gray and a darker brown. That should cover all our bases and let people adjust as necessary.
Sounds like a good idea
Old 02-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #31

If you did the dinette and sofa in different colors it probably would clash too much since they are so close to each other. The idea of leather/leatherette is a great idea. I do not feel you have to do colored stitching as long as the valance, seats, blinds all blend together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
markangie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #32

Quote:

I've been looking at several different valance types...the problem is location. We can't really do curtains because of the limited space that we have, so a soft valance is really the best option. I'd love to do a rod and a grommeted valance, but again we don't have the height above the window to get that in and make it look right.

Sounds like a plan to me! That would offer everybody something they might like. The soft valances also don't sway while moving as curtains and rods will, the shades can be lowered quite easily, with curtains I would think it would be bulky.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:23 PM   #33
Commercial Member

That is the other issue, curtains with rods in a trailer is fine...no one is riding back there when driving.

The other thing about a soft valance, is I think I can make a velcro application work. Want to change it out, just peel it off and put what you want in its place. Toss the pillows, add your own and presto...a whole new unit.

Old 02-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #34

Quote:
That is the other issue, curtains with rods in a trailer is fine...no one is riding back there when driving.

The other thing about a soft valance, is I think I can make a velcro application work. Want to change it out, just peel it off and put what you want in its place. Toss the pillows, add your own and presto...a whole new unit.

Changing it out is perfect I love that idea. Fabric is available everywhere, with directions it would be a cinch. For resale could be changed back to original. Wow, I'm on board already can't wait!

Old 02-05-2015, 11:50 PM   #35

I love all the colors in our 2014 Sunseeker 3050. The cherry cabinets make the motorhome rich looking and warm and cozy feeling. With the skylights and good lighting it does not feel too dark at all. Do not like Lt beige looks that I have seen in other motorhomes.
Sunnyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:46 AM   #36

I like the darker colors they hide dirt better...that's not to say I don't give the camper a good cleaning after each use. Family friend is a carpenter, I had him take measurements and he then cut several pieces of carpet to fit my entire floor plan flawlessy this helps keep the floor clean and provides a little extra insulation on the floor. It is also very easy to remove when I want to scrub the floors. the pieces of carpet all match and it was "scrap/leftover pieces" that he had laying around it cost me a case of beer
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:09 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuisance View Post
DO NOT pot patterned fabric on couches and chairs. After sitting for awhile they get very irritating. IE: stuck in the unit because of a storm. Have maybe a grey/taupe with maybe a little darker rose/mauve accents in the fabric with grey leather....Most of the units have brown, brown and more brown...We are not camping in a cave....LOL
My sentiments, exactly... Currently the only choices in Sunseeker seem to be 3 brown shades. At least give us more of a choice by offering a couple of solid color cloth fabrics.....Gray/Taupe, Blue/Gray, maybe with some colored threads though the fabric. You could still offer one of the psychedelic brown cushion choices for the people who are still stuck in the 70's. At least give us something besides brown. We have been trying to decide which of the current choices are least objectionable. Hopefully some better choices will be available before we order our 3050S
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:14 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Actually, our sofa's are already all leather, the dinette seat is leather. The only fabric that we use is on window treatments and the back cushion of the dinette.

For Sunseeker the choices are a light beige, a medium gray and brown. Maybe you've only seen brochures...but I would recommend seeing one in person.

Or order the furniture with all leather, no fabric.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #39

Quote:
Actually, our sofa's are already all leather, the dinette seat is leather. The only fabric that we use is on window treatments and the back cushion of the dinette.

For Sunseeker the choices are a light beige, a medium gray and brown. Maybe you've only seen brochures...but I would recommend seeing one in person.

Or order the furniture with all leather, no fabric.
Actually, what we would want is all fabric solid color...no leather.
Toad: 2014 Honda CR-V AWD
GO DUCKS !!
Jim & Diana (and 3 cats)
JimOneil43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #40
Commercial Member

Then when you're ready to buy, just specify to match the bunk mat. Nice neutral fabric.

Tags
select