Old 02-01-2015, 05:36 PM   #51

After reading all, I have decided to enter my 2cents. I have a 2014 3170 and love the unit, hate the couch. Now I know that FR is not in the retro business but, I would think that FR would require the recliner supplier to design their frames to mount in the same spot as the existing couch. No frame changes for FR, seatbelt testing would pass faster and existing customers can purchase and replace without the worry of safety considerations.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 02-01-2015, 05:56 PM   #52

I knew the arms came off--I took them off most of the time when traveling. Is it possible to remove the arms and have the inserts already there. Then if folks wanted to buy the tables as an extra they could.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #53
GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
After reading all, I have decided to enter my 2cents. I have a 2014 3170 and love the unit, hate the couch. Now I know that FR is not in the retro business but, I would think that FR would require the recliner supplier to design their frames to mount in the same spot as the existing couch. No frame changes for FR, seatbelt testing would pass faster and existing customers can purchase and replace without the worry of safety considerations.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
We would still have to seatbelt test and there is no fast or slow test, only test or no test. Plus the recliners are a different weight and require different backer.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Well, its not as simple as it sounds. On a trailer you can pop a lazy boy in and off you go. OUR recliners have to pass seatbelt testing.

having said that, we already have a dual recliner option on the 3010 & 3011. The R model Sprinter has just been cleared and we're looking to run a proto on the 3050/51.

Every slide floor that is different, has to be re-tested.
We like the 3050/3051 because the bed is big enough (60 X 80) has the residential fridge option. Just need recliners to make it just right. Hopefully, someday we can get all three options.
Old 02-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #55
2015 Sunseeker 2300

OH MY YES We just got our new Sunseeker and oh how i wish you had offered me this for my 2300 with the sofa option! Yes our sofa arms are removable but would have LOVED to have the tables that tucked into the arms...why why why didn't Paul even mention this to us!!!!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #56
GM

He didn't mention because it didn't exist. This picture is of a proto type that just got built at our supplier. Their employees, me and now you are the only ones that have seen it.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 03-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #57

I guess I'm late to the party but our 3170 would have benefited from these greatly. We were always trying to squeeze in a TV tray or two on stormy days.... Great idea and I hope it gets adopted as I'm planning to upgrade later this year!!!!
Old 03-30-2015, 06:56 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Recliners don't lay all the way flat, but pretty far. Consider it snore prevention.
Wow I would order those right now for my 3050s! Would love to chuck that God awful sofa. Any chance of being able to order?
Old 03-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #59
GM

The flat floor version for the 3050 is still being designed. No part number yet. Which reminds me to check on an update.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:37 AM   #60

Recliner for 3050s

I purchased a 70" brown leather theatre seat with duel recliners at Ashley's Furniture for $800. I had to remove 4 bolts on each recliner to bring the unit into the coach and reassembled. The salesman helped me, keeping the warranty intact. It sets the same footprint as the factory (quite uncomfortable) couch. We will not have any passengers so I wrapped the seat belts around the frame so it cannot move. Very comfortable and fits fine even when fully reclined.

The new coach was on the trade-in block without this sofa. Just too uncomfortable to watch TV.

J. V.

J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote