Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2018, 05:37 AM   #1

A few beginners questions if I may

A few questions if I may:

(1) What makes one a "Junior" member verses a "full" member?

(2) How do I go about becoming a "full" member?

(3) Where would you suggest I post the following to assure a reasonable response from forum participants, and possibly FR itself?

Questions and Guidance about (FS) Front Slide Toy Haulers
Hello! I'm new to FRF so please if something is out of sorts with my thread, or otherwise, advise, don't chastise. Thank you! I'm intently looking for a Work & Play 20 to 30 foot Toy Hauler to purchase. I've run into two (a very few) FS (front Slide) units. They seem to be a perfect answer to my needs.

My concern is as long as I've been around campers, toy haulers, and truck campers...slide outs on the front of a unit are rare, to nonexistent.

That said, one might have noticed that over the years, windows in the front of truck campers, 5th wheels and bumper pulls went from being the "cool thing" to a "non-thing". The front of any of these units is subjected to severe weather, road, and exposure conditions. So I wonder if the reason for the few FS units I've encountered is do they have issues, do they fail, are they problematic?

Again, all that said, they seem to be the perfect answer to my current needs, any thoughts, comments or tips from current or past owners you'd care to share would be gratefully welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

If anybody has a Work and Play they'd like to sell, with/or without a front slide, please let me know.

(4) Are there any instructional links on how to search within the forum, particularly in the Classified's? Would appreciate if there are your providing them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Matt
mfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 05:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfen View Post
A few questions if I may:

(1) What makes one a "Junior" member verses a "full" member?

(2) How do I go about becoming a "full" member?

(3) Where would you suggest I post the following to assure a reasonable response from forum participants, and possibly FR itself?

Questions and Guidance about (FS) Front Slide Toy Haulers
Hello! I'm new to FRF so please if something is out of sorts with my thread, or otherwise, advise, don't chastise. Thank you! I'm intently looking for a Work & Play 20 to 30 foot Toy Hauler to purchase. I've run into two (a very few) FS (front Slide) units. They seem to be a perfect answer to my needs.

My concern is as long as I've been around campers, toy haulers, and truck campers...slide outs on the front of a unit are rare, to nonexistent.

That said, one might have noticed that over the years, windows in the front of truck campers, 5th wheels and bumper pulls went from being the "cool thing" to a "non-thing". The front of any of these units is subjected to severe weather, road, and exposure conditions. So I wonder if the reason for the few FS units I've encountered is do they have issues, do they fail, are they problematic?

Again, all that said, they seem to be the perfect answer to my current needs, any thoughts, comments or tips from current or past owners you'd care to share would be gratefully welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

If anybody has a Work and Play they'd like to sell, with/or without a front slide, please let me know.

(4) Are there any instructional links on how to search within the forum, particularly in the Classified's? Would appreciate if there are your providing them.

Thank you very much in advance.

Matt
Welcome to the Forum.

(1) Time and # of posts.

(2) See #1

(3) Toy Haulers forum

Forrest River INC. is not affiliated with Forrest River Forums. Althogh there
are a few representives from different divisions who partisapate.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:00 AM   #3

I would ask in the "Toy Hauler Section" under the Brand you desire that has a "Front Ramp Door"! Youroo!!
Old 06-10-2018, 07:36 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfen View Post

Look for sticky(aka permanent) or announcement threads at the top of subforums, which many times will have answers/guidelines to things.

This sticky link below is in this subforum you posted your questions in, and will answer a lot of your posting/searching questions:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sics-6778.html

This announcement at the top of the classifieds subforum, has the listing guidelines for same:

Forest River Forums - Announcements in Forum : Forest River Classifieds | Buy |Sell |Trade

You can search within a particular subforum only by using the 'search this forum' dropdown box at the top righthand side as in this pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2018-6-10 Forest River Classifieds Buy Sell Trade - Forest River Forums(1).png
Views:	329
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	175304
You should be good to go now, along with the previous answers from members.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #5

Welcome to the forum from MN and good luck with your search.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:48 PM   #6

Comment!!!

Windows in front of TT and 5er's tend to develop "leaks"!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #7

I am having trouble navigating this site. I’m looking to post a question, can someone please give me the steps as to how I go about this as this site isn’t as simple as most. You would think along the top there would be a button/link that says “Post” or post new question. I’m sorry & apologize in advance as I am baffled! Thanks so much you happy campers��
Maximus1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #8

A few questions if I may (in response to your post)

Maximus 1107. I'm going to double post this one in (hopefully) a PM to you, and the other I'll respond the same in the thread where you asked the questions to begin with. Like you, I'm new to FRF and I'm just starting to learn its nuances. So I'm not able to be much of a help.

If you go on the forum and check your welcoming "letter" you should find (I did) the following:

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics Welcome to Forest River Forums. Please take a moment to read through this discussion if you are having trouble posting or have other basic questions about how our forum works. Here are some links to find more help about using the forum (if you don't find what you need in this discussion thread).

Forum Rules
Forum FAQs (frequently asked questions) basic info about posting and account management
Our support forum where you can ask members for help with forum tech issues.
Our help desk - e-mail us for tech support, passwords, account issues, etc.

I suspect you'll find a lot of answers there. Also if you go under "Admin" and ask the questions, they'll I'm sure provide a link to their instructions you seek. Best of luck...and oh yea....Hey! Welcome to the Forum!
mfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #9

Go to the top an click on forums. Scroll own and pick the forum (Make of trailer) or just general. click on it. then you will find a start new post button and your off.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #10
Scoundrel

And some of us achieve the status of scoundrel!

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote