Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by h20ski View Post
Windrider first of all I would like to thank you for providing your time into moderating this site. I think all the people on this site are great and provide a great service to not only members but also visitors that visit this site. I'm sure over the years this site has grown. It probably didn't start out this size. This site probably will evolve at some point and time and I think the more FR sees this as a benefit they may/may not pick it up for some advertising dollars.

To Sabresam Thanks for your time that you spend on this site not only helping Sabre owners but also people with other FR products like you have.
Dave,

Thank you. Your comments were helpful and timely. I also want to thank Tim for his comment. We are all chomping at the bit wanting to be around the campfire. The OP just wanted a section for his unit. I have bounced the issue to a "real" Admin who will decide if there is enough interest for a separate forum. (My thought is "maybe not"; but it is not my call).

I personally welcome ANY rep or salesman who "comes out of the closet" since they have a lot of guts doing so. While I am towing a Flagstaff right now, who knows what will be behind the truck in a few years.

SabreSam, welcome to the forum and thank you for "coming out." We will endeavor to be more Rep/Salesman friendly in the future. That is not to say that I, personally, don't have dealer issues (I do), but I will try to keep them in check (I slip up often - but I do try).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
Have you seen anything about the Puma line on the Forest River site with the rest of the travel trailers. The Puma owners are the ones that step up and keep buying Forest River products.
FWIW, the Palomino brand, along with Coachman and Prime Time are all listed at the bottom of the Forest River home page.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #13

Forest River : RV, Cargo Trailers, Boats, Commercial, Housing

Yep, right there it is. They even have Shasta listed now.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Thank-you to SabreSam, and the other Forrest River people on this site. Your help is greatly appreciated by all.

As far as the Palomino brand being listed on Forrest River website, yes it is. Where is Sabre? While we each are familiar with our own camper, and where it came from, who made it, what the model number is, floor plan, we have to also understand that not everyone on here has an identical trailer, or has ever seen one like ours own. I personally have a Toy Hauler. Most people wouldn't even take the time to look at one.

I just wish Forrest River would update their own website, so we can find makes and models in one spot, and not have to google the internet when trying to help someone that post "I have a 378bks45tr7", (made up, but you get the idea), that the water pump doesn't work".
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #15

The OP's request to have Sabre listed in the forum groups under General Trailer and Fifth Wheel Discussion is well founded. Most other brand names are listed there, why not Sabre. As for how Forest River design their website, I think that may need another thread for discussion. I will put in a plug to have a link to the Forest River Website prominately displayed on the front page of this website, just saying (again).
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
As far as the Palomino brand being listed on Forrest River website, yes it is. Where is Sabre?
Sorry if I misunderstand, but Sabre is a part of Palomino and is listed under "Travel Trailers" (along with Puma) on the Palomino site. They don't have their own site, but might deserve a sub-section under Palomino in these forums.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
Site Team - Lou

OK boys and girls,

I have a reply from the AiC: (Admin in Charge)

We can rename the existing "Palamino" subforum to in include other brand names of the same class/type. Looking for suggestions.

Like "Palamino - Sabre - ? " or "toy haulers under x pounds?"

What would serve you best?

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 01-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

I ask forgiveness, and never intended to say or imply that SABRESAM didn't have a legitimate request. I agree, Palomino should have it's own space. Would make life easier in a way. But while we are at it, might as well add Shasta, since they are now on Forrest River web site, and then they have 3 or 4 sub models.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #19
Site Team - Lou

So, to all you Toy Hauler folks, What should I rename the sub forum to be that will better describe what FR products are in there?

Palamino - Sabre - Shasta - etc

or what?

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
So, to all you Toy Hauler folks, What should I rename the sub forum to be that will better describe what FR products are in there?

Palamino - Sabre - Shasta - etc

or what?
You shouldn't call it Palomino - Sabre anything. It should stay Palomino because that is the manufacturer. Sabre is simply a model. If you add Sabre then you have to add all the other Palomino models; Puma, Columbus, Banshee, Canyon Cat, Gazelle, Stampede, etc.

Windrider briefly mentioned he had a Toy Hauler, but that's all I see about a Toy Hauler. I must have missed it, but where did renaming a Toy Hauler section enter the picture? Sabre doesn't even make a Toy Hauler do they?