Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

I am going to have to agree with Len on that. Just like we have Cherokee, we don't have a separate Grey Wolf or Vengeance....just Cherokee. Looks like if a specific model by a manufacturer (Cherokee) has a specific niche (like the toyhauler Wolf Packs) then that should be in the specific forum under that name.....like it is now. I haven't reviewed all of them, so there might be some exceptions.

Confusing, ain't it.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #22
Hob

I've already said too much but, can't resist. I realize I'm new, green, and still not ripe. However, with Admins, admins in chief, moderators, assistant moderators, factory reps, dealer reps, and people being a point of contact for a model under a specific trailer name it's really hard to tell who is on first base without a program. The way things are going, it sounds as if you are designing a horse by committee. You're going to end up with a camel.

Does anyone have the authority, power, or intestinal fortitude to make a decision and say, "Sorry folks this is the way it is because of this type constraint and tell us what the constraint is today.

Herk, you of all people should know what I'm talking about. My question is, "Who is the A/C (Aircraft Commander) at this point in time?" After gathering all the parts of the camel, someone needs to turn it over to a tech and say fix it or say forget it, this is the way it is today and forever. Now you can ban me from your forums, remove this message or just bear with me putting in my contribution to the camel.

Regards,

Hob
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #23

Im confused!!! If SabreSam is a rep, and wants to help out his customers. (us) Why are we not doing everything in our power to help him, help us. Why are going to shoot ourselves in the foot, then complain that we dont get any rep help!!! I wish Stealth had a rep on here.
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

From my point of view, which is limited, I don't know that Sabre is part of the Palomino family. I do know that Oasis is a new part of the Shasta family, along with the Revere, and the Freeport, and how many new that?
I have a Work And Play, in the signature, but it is not under some other brand, like Rockwood, or Flagstaff. I agree, it would be great to to break them out, and I'm all for making a forum for "WHAT IS ON THE NOSE" of the trailer or motor home.

I'm all for the reps being here, and helping people, but we have to manage the forums some way. And we have to educate the new users to post in the right forum, under the right trailer. Where does it end?
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
Site Team

I wanted to let you know a bit about how we make choices to add or remove forum sections. Organizing info on the board is a regular challenge. We generally add sections or sometimes thread prefixes in response to member need and when there is a lot of content on a single subject that needs to be rounded up. Soemtimes we find other ways e.g. adjusting the description of a forum.

If a forum has too many sections and subforums it becomes difficult to navigate and so this is constant juggle act. We always consider these requests but sometimes decline to take action based on the volume of posts or perhaps some other parameter. Simply adding a new area to the forum is not a predictor of how much content will ultimately be generated.

As you know the forum is not associated with Forest River inc, but instead is managed by volunteers. Sometime the site team moves slowly on these kinds of issues as it's much easier to add a forum than it is to set one up and decide at a later date that it was a bad move and have to undo that change.

Thanks for your input, we are looking at this.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #26
Site Team - Lou

LMAO - No good deed goes unpunished.
Don't know who first said it (might have been JC for all I know)

In fact, I had to eat dinner to compose my thoughts.

As Janet said we are an "All Volunteer Force".

Since Hob alluded to my aviation background I will try to reply with that analogy.

I am a copilot (in training) on this bird. There is but ONE Aircraft Commander (that I am aware of anyway - and it ain't me - it is Janet H and she calls the shots in the end.)

I was hired to be an assistant Admin (LOL - I had to smile at that since I was sort of hijacked) neither because I am an expert on Forest River products nor because I am an expert at much of anything. I believe I was nominated and selected to be an assistant Admin because I have a steady hand on the stick in an emergency and can (usually) handle the crew in the air (not so much on the ground).

There are a few VERY dedicated "deadhead pilots" (the moderators) who are flying this bird on a day to day basis, while the AC and the copilot sleep off a long TDY.

They keep the peace and make suggestions when issues come up above their pay grade. When it is above my pay grade I shuffle it off to Janet.

The problem here is I have no clue what a Palomino or a Sabre is without looking up the web site and seeing for myself. (See above about sleeping off the long TDY). All I was going to do was rename the sub forum which is the gist I got (wrongly as it turns out) from the comments (all over the place as it turns out) in the thread and several PMs from the Moderator who is actually involved.

Since I actually HATE work (even typing just tuckers me out - see again sleeping off the long TDY); if you leave it up to me I will do nothing.

So, if Windrider and Mountain guy will get with SabreSam and figure out what EXACTLY you want to do... Poke me and I will come up to the cockpit; scratch my b%^&*; look around; point at a control or switch; and then go back to the bunk like I normally do.

Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #27
Hob

At least I've been given the name of the AiC. More than I had before. Next it would be nice to know who the moderators and assistant moderators are. I don't want to suck up to them, I want to know who I go to when I have a whine. If they can't answer my question then I can go to the next higher level. As you can tell, I'm extremely bashful and don't like to make waves. (That is once I get my question answered...until then, I'm going to be the type guy that will push baby ducks in the water just to see if they can indeed swim.)

I've asked when the model year changes for V-lites, got no answer from the dealer I'm working with nor has anyone from Forest River answered. The one guy I did get a response from told me he would find out and let me know. The next thing I read on here was he had resigned. Darn it, don't quit on me if you can't answer my question send me to the next guy in line. I don't want to buy last year's trailer in the middle of May and the next Monday have the 2013 models come out. The last time that happened to me I thought I was buying a 2008 Puma and the dealer gave me a 2009 for the same price as the 2008. Just so happened to be in my favor that time. I want to go into this trailer purchase with my eyes wide open this time. So far, everyone is treating me like a mushroom. That is, keeping me in the dark and feeding me manure. Rockwood already has their upgraded 2012 model out. Surprise, they are made side by side with the V-Lite only difference is the decals that go on the trailer. Now when can I expect the V-Lite 30WTBS to come out with the 2 slide model? Is that too much to ask? When I'm going to pay roughly $24K to $28K on a trailer I want to get the most for my money. That is why I'm so pushy right now. Is there anyone that can answer my question? The old shrug of the shoulders doesn't tell me anything.

Best Regards,

Hob
Old 01-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
At least I've been given the name of the AiC. More than I had before. Next it would be nice to know who the moderators and assistant moderators are. I don't want to suck up to them, I want to know who I go to when I have a whine. If they can't answer my question then I can go to the next higher level. As you can tell, I'm extremely bashful and don't like to make waves. (That is once I get my question answered...until then, I'm going to be the type guy that will push baby ducks in the water just to see if they can indeed swim.)

You can view a list of site team members here Forest River Forums - Show Groups although you don't need to carefully pick whom to suck up to. We share swag collected as enticements to action

If you want to whine, we have a special way to accommodate that via the contact us link at the bottom of the page. Keep in mind that we don't have the authority to make you young, thin, rich, etc and that we don't work for Forest River inc and so have very little insider info.

We do however excel at changing usernames, deleting posts, banning spammers and of course are exceedingly charming (especially after receiving a fore mentioned swag).
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #29
Dallas Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Keep in mind that we don't have the authority to make you young, thin, rich, etc and that we don't work for Forest River inc and so have very little insider info.
Do you have the authority to grant little hair on the top side? My wife would say a lot more hair but who's counting.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 PM   #30
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
(That is once I get my question answered...until then, I'm going to be the type guy that will push baby ducks in the water just to see if they can indeed swim.)
William,

As Janet said, we are just a bunch of camper folks just like you, banding together in an uncaring world to maybe help each other out of a jam.

I for one can't talk to my dealer (civilly) or FR unless I have a problem too big to fix in my driveway. I would no doubt have even less pull with your dealer.

I had enough of baby duck pushers in 33 years of Air Force duty to last a lifetime and I certainly won't put up with it for no pay. Stay civil, ask questions, but do remember the ANSWERS are voluntary. Any manufacturer reps or sales reps are here just to get ideas and sniff the breeze for trouble spots. They may help you; they may not.

My experience has been the more civil your writing tone, the more likely some one amazing will step out behind the curtain and help you out.

Just sayin'

Oh, and don't be surprised if after you drown a baby duck, no one talks to you any more. Oh, and I see you are from Belleville, IL. You aren't a REMF from AMC Headquartes at Scott AFB are you? Maybe that is where the baby duck drowning streak comes from.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #31
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ View Post
Do you have the authority to grant little hair on the top side? My wife would say a lot more hair but who's counting.
It is no accident my avatar is wearing a hat.

It is also covering my ears (which is where the hair on top went).
Old 01-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post

There are a few VERY dedicated "deadhead pilots" (the moderators) who are flying this bird on a day to day basis, while the AC and the copilot sleep off a long TDY.
Hey, who you calling a deadhead ??

As Garfield once said: "I resemble that !!"

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #33
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Hey, who you calling a deadhead ??
As Garfield once said: "I resemble that !!"
For the non-aviators; a "Deadhead pilot" is an extra (relief) pilot who is ON the mission flight authorization; but does not fill a primary crew position (Like aircraft commander or copilot). When any primary pilot needs (or wants) to leave the seat, the extra pilot "fills in" and has the same status as the primary crew member he relieves. If something goes wrong, if there is time, the "out of the seat" primary pilot is notified; brought up to speed on the issue; and takes over for the remainder of the emergency (or issue).

I thought the analogy was perfect.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
Hob

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
William,

As Janet said, we are just a bunch of camper folks just like you, banding together in an uncaring world to maybe help each other out of a jam.

I for one can't talk to my dealer (civilly) or FR unless I have a problem too big to fix in my driveway. I would no doubt have even less pull with your dealer.

I had enough of baby duck pushers in 33 years of Air Force duty to last a lifetime and I certainly won't put up with it for no pay. Stay civil, ask questions, but do remember the ANSWERS are voluntary. Any manufacturer reps or sales reps are here just to get ideas and sniff the breeze for trouble spots. They may help you; they may not.

My experience has been the more civil your writing tone, the more likely some one amazing will step out behind the curtain and help you out.

Just sayin'

Oh, and don't be surprised if after you drown a baby duck, no one talks to you any more. Oh, and I see you are from Belleville, IL. You aren't a REMF from AMC Headquartes at Scott AFB are you? Maybe that is where the baby duck drowning streak comes from.
Lou,

I guess some would call me a REMF. I was Chief of ATCALS maintenance for the last 8 years of my time in AMC. That was a fancy way of saying, "If it needs recertified, go do it and put your name on it." I hated it when pilots went into the ground within 10 mile of an AMC base. I was the one sent to certify or de-certify the ATCALS. My last big trick was to certify the ATCALS at Baghdad International when it opened. Telling the AMC/DO I had enough combat zone time and flights over Vietnam didn't stop him from insisting I go.

Other than that, I sat in my plushy chair and answered the phone, did the maintenance budget for all of the AMC bases, did the manning and training schedules for maintenance of ATCALS, supervised 6 civilian and 15 military special maintenance team members assigned to HQ AMC, and answered silly questions from Generals that wanted to know why ATCALS needed to have money to upgrade equipment because it didn't fly so it shouldn't break.

So yes, I was a REMF that supported Project X pilots.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #35
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
So yes, I was a REMF that supported Project X pilots.
Planes don't keep flying by themselves and I highly regard those that kept me safely in the air. You just won't need those pugilistic HHQ learned skills here is all I am saying. Fighting for recognition as an arm chair warrior in a world of shooters (or flyers) is a skill you won't need on this forum.

Everyone here wants to help by default.